Rates and risks for prolonged grief disorder in a sample of orphaned and widowed genocide survivors
- Coping with loss. Gard, Carolyn J. // Current Health 2;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p26
Discusses ways for dealing with loss and grief.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Friesen, Rilla // Grain Magazine;Fall2011, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various poems and stories published within the issue including one by David Milne on family pressure, one by Eliza Robertson on grief and loss, and one by Gerard Beirne on madness.
- 'Don't be afraid to talk about my husband'. Goldstein, Jill // Good Housekeeping;Jan2003, Vol. 236 Issue 1, p43
Suggests ways to offer comfort to a family in grief. Things to avoid in conversation with the family in grief.
- grief. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p986
A definition of the term "grief," which refers to the emotion following the loss of a loved person or thing, is presented.
- grief, chronic. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p986
A definition of the term "chronic grief," which refers to unresolved denial of the reality of a personal loss or also called dysfunctional grieving, is presented.
- grieving. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p986
A definition of the term "grieving," which refers to a normal complex process which includes emotional, physical, spiritual social and intellectual responses and behaviors by which individuals, families and communities incorporate a loss into their lives, is presented.
- Time for Grief. Guernsey, Diane // Town & Country;Nov2001, Vol. 155 Issue 5258, p186
Offers advice on how to deal with grief.
- Dealing With GRIEF. Guernsey, Diane // Town & Country;Jul2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5326, p109
The article discusses the knowledge of people about grief, loss, bereavement and the ways for dealing with grief.
- Losing My Dad. Guernsey, Diane // Town & Country;Jul2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5326, p110
The article discusses the author's experience of dealing with grief and loss of her father and offers guidelines for adults on how to help children deal with bereavement. INSET: WHEN CHILDREN GRIEVE.