Internet-versus group-administered cognitive behaviour therapy for panic disorder in a psychiatric setting: a randomised trial
- Panic disorder: Nature, assessment and treatment. Short, Nigel; Kitchiner, Neil J. // Mental Health Practice;Apr2002, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p33
Discusses the characteristics of panic disorder. Definition of panic disorder; State and general prevalence of panic disorder; Assessment measures used for panic disorder; Treatment techniques; Role of the nurse in treating panic disorder.
- CHAPTER 30: ANXIETY DISORDERS. Townsend, Mary C. // Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: Concepts of Care in Evidence-;2006, p523
Chapter 30 of the book "Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: Concepts of Care in Evidence-Based Practice" is presented. It discusses disorders characterized by exaggerated or disabling anxiety reactions. Predisposing factors implicated in the etiology of anxiety disorders provide a framework for...
- Treating Panic Online. // Science Teacher;Jan2006, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on the effectivity of Internet-based treatments for sufferers of panic disorder. Panic disorder are attributed by a sudden rush of fear or intense anxiety and physical symptoms like racing heartbeat,shortness of breath, light-headedness or nausea. There are three types of...
- CHAPTER 7: Anxiety Disorders. Townsend, Mary C. // Nursing Diagnoses in Psychiatric Nursing: Care Plans & Psychotro;2008, p145
Chapter 7 of the book "Nursing Diagnoses in Psychiatric Nursing: Care Plans & Psychotropic Medications," Seventh Edition, is presented. The chapter focuses on anxiety disorders. It is noted that these disorders present symptoms of avoidance behavior and anxiety. Categories of anxiety disorders...
- Losing it? Cash, Regina // Essence (Essence);Mar1998, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p34
Elaborates on panic disorder. Account of a woman's experience with panic disorder; Definition of panic; Factors that contribute to panic; Significance of receiving medical attention; Brief information on ways to cope with panic. INSET: High anxiety.
- The anxiety spectrum: Which disorder is it? Ringel, Marcia // Patient Care;8/15/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p73
Stresses the need to determine the anxiety disorder that is responsible for a patient's symptoms. Cost of treating anxiety disorders in the United States; Symptoms of anxiety disorders; Diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder; Symptoms of patients with panic disorder; Coexistence of other...
- Culture and Panic Disorder: How Far Have We Come? Good, Byron J. // Culture, Medicine & Psychiatry;Jun2002, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p133
Introduces a series of articles on the state of knowledge about anxiety and panic disorders including its diagnostic formulation.
- Interpretation of Ambiguous Interoceptive Stimuli in Panic Disorder and Nonclinical Panic. Richards, Jeffrey C.; Austin, David W.; Alvarenga, Marlies E. // Cognitive Therapy & Research;Jun2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p235
Cognitive bias in the misinterpretation of ambiguous interoceptive stimuli has been demonstrated in panic disorder. This study investigated whether this cognitive bias also occurs in people with nonclinical panic who are at risk of developing panic disorder. The responses of 25 people with...
- Attenuated response to m-CPP and to pentagastrin after repeated m-CPP in panic disorder. Benjamin, J.; Geraci, Marilla; McCann, Una; Greenberg, Benjamin D.; Murphy, Dennis L. // Psychopharmacology;1999, Vol. 143 Issue 2, p215
Investigates whether tolerance to meta-chlorophenylpiperazine-induced anxiety would be associated with tolerance to the synthetic cholecystokinin pentapptide, pentagastrin in patients with panic disorders. Description of patients; Panic attack and drug administration; Results of physiological...