The Scandinavian Solutions for Wellness study - a two-arm observational study on the effectiveness of lifestyle intervention on subjective well-being and weight among persons with psychiatric disorders
- Are Eating Disorder Prevention Programs Effective? Langmesser, Lisa; Verscheure, Susan // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;May/Jun2009, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p304
The article focuses on the findings of a study concerning the efficacy of eating disorder prevention programs. The study reveals that all eating disorder prevention programs produced the largest positive change in participant knowledge disregarding the targeted population. It mentions that there...
- Symptom Severity and Personal Functioning Among Patients with Schizophrenia Discharged from... Trauer, Tom // Community Mental Health Journal;Apr2001, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p145
Assesses deinstitutionalized patients with schizophrenia of a 24-hour staffed community residential unit using measures of symptoms and functioning. Relationship between symptoms and functioning; Conceptual distinctiveness between psychopathology and personal functions; Assessment of the levels...
- Nutritious Eating-Without Any Guesswork. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Feb2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, following p4
Presents a ten-day meal plan for people who want to lose weight. Nutrition value of the plan; Types of food included in the plan; Materials needed when following the plan.
- Low-fat, low-calorie foods: Key to health or green light for gluttony? Weinberg, Linda // Environmental Nutrition;Feb1993, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Examines the effectiveness of reformulated foods with fat substitutes in aiding weight-loss. Number of food decisions made by women daily; Tendency to eat larger portions of reduced-fat foods; Tips to make transition to low-fat eating easier.
- Eat less, exercise more in order to keep weight off. Auer, Tonie // Fort Worth Business Press;03/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p30
Discusses ways to lose and maintain weight. Eating less fat and less sugar; Increase of exercise; Importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- EAT SKINNY. Nash, Jonell // Essence (Essence);Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p111
Presents information on how to improve the nutrition profile of foods to manage weight. Advantages of baking over frying; Importance of fat; Use of vegetables as ingredient extenders.
- Overweight? Liquidate. Kusek, Kristy; Patterson, Brendan // Men's Health;Nov2000, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p122
Recommends the consumption of wet foods to lose weight. Formula for computing the energy density of foods; Average energy density of wet and dry foods; List of wet foods.
- 4 big fat lies: Dropping a few pounds is a snap once you discard these common myths. // Body Bulletin;Sep93, p2
Presents an overview of commonly held beliefs about dieting that have changed. Food like potatoes, breads and pasta are fastest-burning carbohydrates; High-fat foods that masquerade as low-fat; Drop total calorie intake only a little; Experts advise making small dietary changes; The right kinds...
- Nutrition: The bare necessities. Thomson, Janet // 28 Days to a Better Body;1997, p1
Chapter 1. Discusses the benefits of nutrition for healthy living. Essential nutrients needed by the body, such as carbohydrates and proteins; Tips for introducing more nutrition into a daily diet.