'A whirling vortex of women': The Strikes of Scots Herring Women in East Anglia in the 1930s and 1940s
- British bus chaos. // Travel Daily;6/22/2012, p6
The article reports on the announcement of the union Unite that the visitors in London, England are expected to be disrupted by bus driver strike action on June 23, 2012.
- All plans on hold. // Estates Gazette;8/31/2002, Issue 235, p28
Focuses on the threat posed by the trade union Unison's strike on the planning department of Westminster council in England. Issues hampering the resolution of the strike; Implications of the strike for planning or redevelopment projects in the region.
- Brace yourself for a winter of discontent. Johnstone, Richard // Public Finance;Oct2011, Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the industrial dispute of various labor unions in England against proposed changes to public pensions, highlighting their plan to conduct a strike on November 30, 2011. It is inferred that the proposed pension changes would develop higher contributions, a later retirement...
- Health unions step up pay action with strikes and work to rule. // Nursing Standard;1/7/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p11
The article reports on the decision of nurses and midwives to organize a 12-hour strike on January 29, 2015 and a 24-hour walk-out on February 25 to demand for salary increase in England.
- British actors' Equity strike shows no sign of ending. Oberlag // SHOOT;12/19/97, Vol. 38 Issue 51, p1
Focuses on the impact of British Equity actors' strike that began in September 26, 1997 on the commercial production industry in England. Concern for the effects of the strike on small commercial production firms; Outcome of the negotiations between the Advertising, Film and Videotape...
- 13.10.14: Unite members take part in historic strike action. // Community Practitioner;Nov2014, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p10
A photograph showing Unite members who have taken part in historic National Health Service (NHS) strike action on October 13, 2014 is presented.
- The hardy herring girls. // Scottish Memories;May2013, p35
The article focuses on the contribution of herring women in the fishing heritage of East Neuk o' Fife, Scotland.
- Recreational Fishing Alliance Seeks Conservation Measures
for Atlantic Herring. // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov2004, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p30
Reports on the participation of the Recreational Fishing Alliance in the efforts of the New England Fishery Management Council and the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission to seek additional measures for Atlantic herring as of November 2004.
- Eleven colleges will be brought to standstill by UCU strikes. // Education (14637073);1/30/2009, Issue 341, p2
This article reports that the University and College Union will go on strike on February 5, 2009, at several colleges. The union is upset at the colleges' refusal to honor a pay agreement dating from 2005. The colleges scheduled to be affected are Nelson and Colne, Croydon, Greenwich, North West...