Michigan Bill Would Tap Water Bond Authorization for Cleanup Efforts
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/2/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32952, p34
The article presents information on bonds-related legislations in the U.S. The information has been categorized as current laws, proposed laws, and their current status. The legislations explained in the article include HR 6194: Water and Sewer Bonds, HR 5351: Renewable Energy and Energy...
- House OKs Clean Water Act. // San Diego Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the California House of Representatives' reauthorization of the 1972 Clean Water Act. Savings benefit for San Diego.
- Clean water responsibility slipping from Feds to States. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;5/25/95, Vol. 87 Issue 126, p5
Informs about the passing by US House of Representatives, of a long and detailed set of amendments to the Clean Water Act, the Nixon-era legislation that has done much to improve US lakes, rivers, and streams. Proponents and opponents' views.
- The Clean Water Act turns 20. Rennicke, Jeff // Backpacker;Jun92, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p60
Celebrates the twenty year anniversary of the Clean Water Act, and stresses the elements which must be considered by lawmakers during this year's reauthorization battle in order to truly protect the fresh waterways of this country. Success of the act 's focus on `point source pollution';...
- EU to revamp water laws. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;11/8/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 17, p58
Reports on the European Union's Council of Environment Ministers' plan to restructure water legislation. Turning of the proposal directive on the ecological quality of surface water into a broader framework directive; Introduction of Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control.
- The Clean Water Act. Pugh, David // Business NH Magazine;Feb95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p25
Discusses the features of the Clean Water Act (CWA) of 1972. Goals of the CWA; Requirement for industries to hold a National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit; Pending legislation amending the law; How business is affected by the law; Businesses affected.
- Clean water. Platt, Tim; Delaune, Tim // Business NH Magazine;Feb97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, 1997 Manufacturers... p22
Discusses state and federal water regulations approved in 1996. Amendment to the Safe Drinking Water Act; New Hampshire's adoption of a policy for characterizing and managing risks posed by contaminated sites; New Hampshire's Groundwater Protection Act. INSET: Treating tainted water at MPB...
- NWF joins lawsuit against Ohio water quality standards. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Oct/Nov96, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p58
Reports that the National Wildlife Federation has joined a lawsuit challenging an Ohio water pollution law that would weaken protection for 97 percent of the state's waterways. Reasons why the law's opponents think that it is unconstitutional.
- Senate pushing forward on SDWA, CWA. Crow, Patrick // WaterWorld;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the continuing efforts by Congress to draft legislation that would reauthorize the 1994 Safe Drinking Water Act and the 1994 Clean Water Act in the United States. Comments from Senate Environment Committed Chairman John Chaffee; Trying to pass a major regulatory reform bill.