Refunding for Savings
- Oklahoma Budget Deal Counts on Refinancing Savings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/10/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31612, p32
Reports on the budget agreement between Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry and legislative leaders to bridge the state's revenue gap as of April 10, 2003. Inclusion of bond refinancing program, higher cigarette taxes and increased fee on state services in the agreement; Benefits of refinancing debt...
- RESEARCH DIGEST. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Reports on news items related to U.S. bond market as of February 19, 2003. Projection of a budget gap for fiscal 2004 in Boston, Massachusetts by Vestigo Associates; Decline in refundings of municipal bonds for 2003.
- N.Y.C. Looks To Make Use Of New Power. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p1
Reports the possible use of advance refundings power to take advantage of favorable interest rates by the New York City government. Projection of savings from refundings; Efforts to close budget gaps; Views of Rita Sallis, deputy comptroller for public finance.
- Harford, County, Md., May Lower Amount of Upcoming Refunding. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p4
Reports on the plan of officials of Harford County, Maryland to reduce refund $53.2 million in public improvement bonds to an amount of $30 million. Reason for the reduction in amount of refunding; Expectations for the amount par savings to be achieved through the issue; Amount for the fiscal...
- Suffolk County, N.Y., Panel Pushes $179M Refunding. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p36
Reports on Suffolk County's advance refunding to generate up-front budget savings. Release of advertisements for bankers to negotiate the sale; Recommendation of the county Legislature's budget and finance committee refund bonds; Bond sale schedule; Capital plan of the Long Island county.
- Cook County Will Test Waters for Illinois Paper. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/16/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34045, p1
The article informs that Cook County, Illinois is coming to market with 130 million dollars of refunding bonds, as the largest general obligation bond offering from an Illinois issuer of 2014. Topics discussed include 7 percent to 8 percent of net present value savings of the debt with the...
- Wisconsin GOP Budget Blueprint Raises Threat of Doyle Veto. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p30
The Wisconsin Legislature's version of the 2003 two-year budget eliminates governor Jim Doyle's proposal to buy back up to 1.6 billion dollars of tobacco bonds, cuts 245 million dollars from a ten-year stewardship bonding program, and increases the state's structural deficit by 270 million...
- Detroit School Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p27
Reports that public schools officials in Detroit, Michigan, submitted a deficit elimination plan to the state in the week prior to February 8, 2005, in which the district seeks to refund about 213 million dollars of bonds in order to extend the existing 15-year debt payment schedule. Total costs...
- Wisconsin's $250M Deal Aims for Savings, Budget Relief. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;9/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33584, p6
The article reports on the move of the government in Wisconsin to invest 250 million dollars of general obligation refunding bonds for traditional economic savings and to restructure debt for budgetary relief. It notes that the new fiscal 2012-2012 budget puts the state on course to minimize its...