Bloomberg Fills New Post for Chief Investment Adviser to Pension Funds
- Ranji Nagaswami Among 50 Top Women in Wealth 2011 Honorees. // India -- West;7/29/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 36, pB13
The article reports that Ranji Nagaswami, chief investment advisor of the New York City Mayor's Office of Pensions and Investment, was chosen by the AdvisorOne as one of the honorees of its 50 Top Women in Wealth for 2011.
- New York Mayor Names Mumbai Native to Pension Post. Sohrabji, Sunita // India -- West;8/13/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 38, pA18
The article announces that Ranji Nagaswami, a seasoned funds manager, was appointed as the administrator of the newly created post of chief investment advisor by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
- Bond team co-leader leaves UBS Brinson. // Pensions & Investments;11/1/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p59
Reports on the departure of Ranji Nagaswami as bond team co-leader at UBS Brinson/Brinson Partners company. Merger between the bond management departments of UBS and Brinson Partners; Social aspects of mergers.
- Savvy Investor Sees Growth Rebound. Kinnel, Russel // Morningstar FundInvestor;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p10
An interview with Ranji Nagaswami, chief investment officer at AllianceBernstein LP, is presented. When asked about the condition and volatility of the markets and the economy, she pointed out that the market's complacency has vanished from 2004 to 2006 but was restored to normal levels in 2007....
- N.Y. City Pension Funds Chief to Leave. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/10/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33994, p1
The article announces that Lawrence Schloss has resigned from the post of deputy comptroller for pensions fund in New York City.
- New Business Tax at Heart of Michigan's State Budget Debate. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p49
The article reports that rating analysts and legislators in Michigan has reviewed the plan of Governor Jennifer Granholm to create a Michigan Business Tax on gross receipts, assets, and business income in place of the expiring single business tax. The new tax aims to eradicate the value-added...
- Schloss Steps Down From NYC Pensions Leadership. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/8/2013, p8
The article announces the decision of Lawrence Schloss to step down effective October 18, 2013 from his post as lead investment officer for the more than 137 billion U.S. dollars New York City (NYC) Pension Funds for private investment firm Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- Breevast seeks buyers for Dutch office stock. // EuroProperty;6/18/2007, p2
The article reports that the Dutch property company Breevast is on a lookout for buyers for its office portfolio. Breevast bought the 99 offices in the Netherlands from German fund manager MPC Capital in 2006 with the aim of asset-managing them. It accepted a 5% yield on the portfolio of older,...
- Tough Customer. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Profiles North Carolina Treasurer Richard Moore. Partnership of the treasurer with other state pension officers in the U.S. to initiate changes in Wall Street; Business proposal prepared by Moore for money managers; Views on portfolios; Information on his alleged plan to run for governor in 2008.