Construction Spending Creeps Up 0.1% in June
- Public Funding of N.YC. Institutional Projects Beats Private Sector. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/3/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33360, p5
The article reports on the public sector spending's outperformance on institutional construction over the private sector in New York City in 2010.
- DATA POINT. // Crain's New York Business;11/2/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p0005
The article reports on the expected construction spending in New York City in 2015 and the forecasted spending rise in the next two years.
- Allure's Tower Two now in question. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/2/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p3
The article discusses the problems associated with the construction of the second tower of Allure in Las Vegas, Nevada. The author states that rising construction costs have affected the establishment of the second tower. The construction of the tower was estimated to cost $300 million to $400...
- ENR's Materials Price Indexes. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/4/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 9, p39
The article suggests to the readers of ENR: Engineering News-Record to visit the Web site, enr.com, to get the complete history of cost indexes in relation to the U.S. construction industry.
- Phoenix Project's Rising Costs Forces Officials to Make Changes. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p44
The article reports that the city officials in Phoenix, Arizona are planning to make changes in the "Phoenix Project" due to the rising costs in the construction industry. The cost has risen more than 10% in 2005, which is forcing the authority to apply some revisions regarding the payments for...
- Local panel endorses new nursing home projects for Ottawa County. Slowik, Elizabeth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/21/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 52, p14
The article focuses on the construction of two nursing home projects in Georgetown Township and Grand Haven township in Ottawa County, Michigan which are supported by the Alliance for Health Evaluation. It is stated that a third project was approved by Michigan's Certificate of Need (CON) and...
- Construction Spending Dips 0.3% in September. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32500, p2
The article reports on the economic situation of the construction project spending in Washington D.C. in September 2006. It has been stated that the state's expenditure has fallen 0.3 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1.96 trillion. According to the Commerce Department of the...
- Building Costs Rising, Labor Shortages Expected. S. M. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;May2005, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the rise in building costs in the U.S. which may allegedly result to labor shortages, as of May 2005. Factor responsible for the alleged labor shortages; Level of spending on construction; Rise in the cost of constructing a building in 2004.
- SQUARE FOOT COST SECTION. // Residential Square Foot Building Costs;2008, p1
The article offers information on different construction costs. Base cost per square foot of floor area is defined as the area of the building that is suitable for normal living activities. Unit cost represents the component or functional assembly cost as it is commonly expressed in the...