- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;8/12/2010, p31
The article discusses labor court cases in Great Britain, including a finding of discrimination in Wardle v. Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, the Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment (TUPE) regulations in Worrall v. Wilmott Dixon Partnership, and tax treatment of...
- Navieras’ union leaders file dispute with Holt. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;10/18/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p4
Reports the lawsuit filed by Navieras Office & Professional Employees International Union against ocean carrier Holt Group in Puerto Rico. Dispute on labor agreement signed with International Longshoremen Union Local 1575; Violation of labor unions; Initiation of reorganization plan.
- EASY ON THE EGGNOG. Kashino, Marisa M. // Washingtonian Magazine;Feb2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses the increase in the number of lawsuits filed by employees against employers and being taken care by law firms in Washington, D.C. during the Christmas season due to the unusual events that happen at holiday parties.
- Legal. Calloway, Hugh; Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p15
Reports on two court cases involving employment-related disputes in Great Britain. Decision on the O'Flynn v. Airlinks the Airport Coach regarding unfair dismissal of employees because of testing positive for drugs; Citation of Sainsburys Supermarkets Ltd. v. Hitt lawsuit involving dismissal...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;Oct2010, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p3
The article discusses various labor court cases such as one which confirms the authority of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) to take its time in investigating discriminatory charges against employers and one which strengthens the need to document the rationale behind...
- If you lose an employment lawsuit, how much will you pay? // HR Specialist;Jan2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses penalties if an employer loses an employment lawsuit.
- Why employees sue. Hyman, Jon // HR Specialist;Jan2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses lessons why employees sue their employers.
- When Do You Really Need a Lawyer? // New Mexico Business Journal;June2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on business and employment law disputes in the United States. Grounds of the complaints; Identification of account receivable problem as one of the common grounds for lawsuits; Advices for contract management; Program of the government for business legal advices.
- Court Affirms Individual's Independent Contractor Status. // Legal-Legislative Reporter;Apr2009, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p9
The article discusses a court case wherein the individual involved worked for two companies. In company A, the individual worked at an hourly rate and received no benefits. He began working for company B as part of the technology professionals team working with company A, and signed an...