'Health fair' helps Welsh Assembly go for IIP Gold
- Assembly must be given more powers, argues think-tank. Meilton, David // Public Finance;11/28/2003-12/4/2003, p9
Reports on criticisms against the Welsh Assembly for allegedly having a narrow mentality and not promoting experimentality.
- Welsh vote for free care for older people. // Community Care;5/23/2002, Issue 1423, p14
Reports on the support given by the Welsh assembly to the principle of free personal care for older people, as of May 2002. Challenge facing the assembly in putting the measure into practice; Impact of the policy on government spending.
- Thumbs down for Welsh windfarm. // European Power News;Jun2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p6
Reports the disapproval of the wind farm by the National Assembly in Wales. Consideration of the original planning application; Difficulty in meeting the government target of producing renewable energy resources; Modification of the proposal.
- New roads contract given a design bypass. // Supply Management;2/13/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p10
Details the awarding of the road contract under a new procurement initiative of the Welsh assembly and the Powys County Council. Agreement on the construction costs of the Talgarth relief road and Bronllys bypass; Acceptance of design from bidders as part of the tender; Improvement in the...
- IN BRIEF. Shirley, Andrew // Farmers Weekly;1/18/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p86
Presents news briefs on land and farms in Great Britain. Average value of land and buildings sold in the first quarter of 2001, according to the latest figures from the Welsh National Assembly; Sale of Lubstree Park Farm.
- Welsh GPs pour scorn on retention package. Middlemiss, Prisca // GP: General Practitioner;2/25/2002, p4
Reports the criticisms of general practitioners against the retention package offered by the National Assembly for Welsh. Inclusions of the package; Concerns of physicians on the workforce crisis; Reception of physician Gruff Jones towards the thank you payments from the assembly.
- Access gets most cash in Wales. // Pulse;10/20/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the allocation of a budget on initiatives aiming to provide access to a primary care professional by the Welsh Assembly.
- Assembly elections. O'Connor, Sarah // New Statesman;4/23/2007, Vol. 136 Issue 4841, p34
The article forecasts the likely results of the local elections to be held in Wales for the Welsh National Assembly in May 2007. The author foresees a significant defeat for the Labour Party. The Welsh assembly is compared to the Scottish assembly, the article noting that the Welsh legislative...
- Document round-up. // Education (14637073);9/6/2002, Issue 70, pN.PAG
Highlights the Circulars issued by the National Assembly for Wales for the beginning of the 2002 school term. Objectives of the Circular on sex and relationships education; Scope of Circulars on substance misuse and pupils' ethnic background.