NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Avoiding PAYROLL Pitfalls. Battersby, Mark E. // American Nurseryman;6/15/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 12, p35
Reviews payroll basics for horticultural professionals, with focus on liabilities to avoid. Wrongful termination; Malfeasance; Exemption from minimum wage and overtime rules; Employment taxes.
- Bad week for... // Personnel Today;8/11/2009, p2
The article offers news briefs related to human resource (HR) management which include the presence of gender pay gap in workplaces, and cooperation of departments such as payroll and expenses.
- Year-end payroll planning: 10 steps to ease the crunch. // HR Specialist;Sep2011, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p5
The article offers tips to ease the year-end payroll for human resource (HR) and payroll professionals including verify 2012 deposit schedule, review vendor files and plan holiday pay schedules.
- Are we keeping up yet? Baker, Glenn H. // New Zealand Management;Feb2015, Vol. 62 Issue 1, Special section p2
An intrdocution to a special section to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various topics related to payroll and staff training.
- Events. // Human Resources (09648380);Jan2009, p68
A calendar of events for the human resource professionals in London in January-February 2009 is presented which includes Absence Management Forum, Learning Technologies Exhibition, and Softworld human resource (HR) and Payroll Exhibition.
- Self-service payback. Crush, Peter // Human Resources (09648380);May2009, p46
The article reports on the improvement in payroll services due to developments in payroll technology and human resource (HR) technology in Great Britain. It is said that payroll self-service is one of the hottest new developments to being the two silos of data together. According to Matt Carter,...
- Non-Farm Payrolls Gain 110,000 in March. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p2
Reports on the increase sales performance of non-farm payrolls and decrease in the unemployment rate released by Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics Washington.
- Going Paperless in the HR/Payroll Department. Tillman, Tom // Practical Accountant;Sep2006 Supplement, Vol. 39, p21
The article discusses the paperless solutions for human resource and payroll department of business enterprises in the U.S. Most accountants and consultants are going paperless within human resource and payroll departments through the acceptance of self-service technology such as employee...
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Dec2014, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p5
The article presents answers to questions on labor management including the legal risk associated if an employee wants to earn less and the possible liability involved if automatic payroll deductions will be made for employees' lunch breaks.