HR negotiation skills bar to NHS local pay
- Calm charmer. Restell, Jon // Public Finance;1/20/2006, p24
The article focuses on the challenges of the occupation of the Managers in Partnership organization CEO Jon Restell in Great Britain. The role of Restell in supporting senior National Health Service(NHA) managers was cited. A description of Restell on the functions of the managers was presented....
- PCT mergers could land consortia with debts. Ireland, Tom // GP: General Practitioner;2/4/2011, p7
The article reports that managers predict that number of primary care trusts (PCTs) in Great Britain could reduce resulting in staff loss. Jon Restell, chief executive officer (CEO) of health managers' union Management in Partnership states that instead of 152 PCTs in England, only 50 will be...
- The bitterest pill. Thornley, Carole // People Management;8/7/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 16, p36
Presents the findings of a research that assessed the local pay in the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. Details of the NHS Act of 1990; Investigation of the implications for industrial relations of the local pay; Information on local pay bargaining.
- Unions incensed by government request for local pay bargaining. Parish, Colin // Nursing Standard;10/19/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
Reports that nursing unions have condemned the British government's call for the reintroduction of local pay bargaining to National Health Service (NHS). Assertion of Amicus head of health Gail Cartmail that any move towards local pay would be unacceptable to NHS staff; Demand of unions to the...
- NHS pension scheme access should be extended, says review co-chair. Snow, Tamsin // Nursing Standard;8/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p10
Nurses working for independent organisations providing NHS services should be eligible for the NHS pension scheme automatically, according to the co-chair of a group reviewing access to NHS pensions.
- Learning how to take the initiative. Phillips, Alan // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p32
Provides information on the `Trainers as leaders' program of the National Health Service (NHS) in Great Britain. Exploration about the meaning of development; Examination on how delegates could take a lead on the development of their organizations; Effect of the program on NHS trainers.
- NHS to poach senior private sector staff. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;4/8/2003, p2
Reports on the National Health Service's plan to recruit senior personnel managers from Great Britain's private sector. Director-level appointments; Search for management expertise from various business functions.
- Confederation man to head health service HR. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;04/13/2001, p8
Reports on the appointment of Andrew Foster as head of human resources at the Great Britain National Health Service. Responsibilities of the job.
- Pensions Q&As. // Pulse;9/17/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p42
Presents answers to queries about the pension payment and pension options in Great Britain. Calculation of superannuable income based on all National Health Services profits rather than just the earnings of primary medical services or general medical services; Effect of payment for extra...