Govs Urge Audits for DRPA
- IN BRIEF. Kitchenman, Andrew; St. Arney, Joe // njbiz;11/30/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p5
This section offers news briefs on issues of interest to the business community in New Jersey as of November 30, 2009. Governor-elect Chris Christie has met with Democratic Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell to know about his efforts to attract businesses. The National Association of...
- BRIDGING the Gap. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;1/11/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p1
The article focuses on the role of Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell as the role model of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie in terms of approach to economic development. Rendell prefers a hands-on approach to attracting and retaining business in his state. The aim of Christie and...
- A critical bridge spanning Trenton, Harrisburg. // njbiz;1/11/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
The article commends the efforts of New Jersey Governor-elect Chris Christie to reach out to Pennsylvania Edward Rendell in order to resolve the economic problems facing the state. Christie is also applauded for recognizing the crises faced by the employer community of New Jersey. The article...
- Franks urges cooperation between New Jersey, Pa. P., Shankar // njbiz;12/14/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p5
The article reports on the need for interstate cooperation demonstrated by a meeting between Governor-elect Chris Christie with Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell, according to HealthCare Institute of New Jersey president Bob Franks. He stressed the fact that the U.S. is competing with such...
- How much slime is too much slime, politically speaking? (Guest Voice). Barry, Richard // Moderate Voice;4/5/2014, p3
The article focuses on a report by Chris Christie, governor of New Jersey, on Bridgegate, a political scandal related to traffic jams in New Jersey, as of April 2014. Topics include the views of former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell on the scandal, a report by the newspaper "The New York Daily...
- Is Christie through as serious GOP Presidential contender? GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;4/5/2014, p4
The article focuses on the contendership of Chris Christie, governor of New Jersey, for the 2016 GOP (Grand Old Party) Presidential elections. Topics include an investigation on the involvement of Chris in the George Washington Bridge scandal by a U.S. Attorney in New Jersey, the dismissal of...
- Could it be that we are wussies? Or just rude? Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;2/11/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p20
The author reflects on the contention of Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell about seeing the people in the U.S. becoming weak.
- New Law Toughens Pennsylvania Poaching Penalties. Absher, J. R. // Bowhunting World;Nov2010, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p141
The article reports that Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell signed legislation that increases penalties for poaching wildlife in the Keystone State and sets a minimum fine of 1,000 U.S. dollars and possible jail time for some wildlife-related offenses.
- Philadelphia Mayor proposes budget without funding for state courts. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/28/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30319, p1
Reports on the budget proposal of Edward Rendell, Mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Estimated budget for fiscal 1999 at $2.61 billion; Reduction in wage taxes for resident and non-resident workers; Decision to skip funding for state courts; Pledge of additional funding for the city schools.