Funds Eyed for Rail Upgrade
- Piggyback bill set to fall. // Professional Engineering;05/28/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on Railtrack's efforts to find ways of reducing the 300 million British pounds infrastructure repair costs to allow piggyback rail wagons to run on the West Coast Main Line in England. Examination of bridges in Cumbria.
- Subway funding. // Railway Gazette International;May2012, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the roughly 246 million British Â£ allocated by the Scottish Government for the completion of the funding for a programme to modernise Glasgow's small-profile metro.
- Higher funding agreed. // Railway Gazette International;Aug2010, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that a higher funding was agreed to by the Federal Transport Ministry of Switzerland has agreed to maintain in the intensively used national network in good condition.
- Abt Railway revival. // Travel Daily;4/19/2013, p5
The article reports that the Abt Railway in Tasmania has secured a $10 million federal and state funding for its restoration and reopening in 2013.
- Feds providing $450M for N.J. rail upgrades. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;8/29/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p2
The article reports that Federal officials have approved a 450 million dollar upgrade to the New Jersey portion of the Northeast Corridor, which is seen to be greatly benefiting New Jersey Transit and Amtrak commuters.
- Cornish projects boost connectivity. // Rail Business Intelligence;7/17/2014, Issue 466, p2
The article reports on an announcement of 146.6m package of rail improvements for Cornwall has been announcement by British Prime Minister David Cameron on July 3, 2014.
- BP Council votes to borrow for Metro 3 upgrade. // Hungary A.M.;8/27/2014, p5
The article reports on the voting by the Municipal Council of Budapest, Hungary to decide upon the renovation financing of the Metro Line 3 in the city.
- Â£140m enhancement spend. // Rail Business Intelligence;12/11/2014, Issue 476, p9
The article focuses on the British government plan of 140m pound spend on railroads' improvement including improved wi-fi, 411 additional cycle spaces and complete refurbishment of existing train fleet.
- Young County road repair projects remain on track. RASH, BRIAN // Graham Leader;3/12/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 60, p1
The article offers information on the application for the proposed road repair projects by the Young County Commissioners Court in Texas wherein the Young County was allocated with $570, 000 from a state fund for the road repair projects.