THE BOND BUYER TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories
- Levin's new role could add clout for Michigan. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/8/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p24
The article offers information on selection of U.S. Republican Sander Levin of Michigan, as acting chairman of the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee and its favorable impact on Michigan.
- Levin expects Senate to move first on expiring Bush tax cuts. Heflin, Jay; Hooper, Molly K.; Berman, Russell // Hill;9/16/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p18
The article reports on the expectation of House Ways and Means Committee chairman Sander Levin for the Senate to act first on extending a portion of the tax cuts during the former President George W. Bush era.
- Congress doesn't extend Section 127. // HR Magazine;Dec1994, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the adjournment of the 103rd Congress without extending Section 126, the tax exclusion for employee educational assistance. Request of Rep. Sander Levin (D-Mich.) for President Bill Clinton to include Section 27 in the 1996 budget proposal.
- Bill Would OK PABs for Residential Energy Fixes. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33356, p5
The article reports that U.S. House Ways and Means Committee chairman Sander Levin has introduced the draft bill that would allow state and local governments to issue tax-exempt private-activity bonds to support energy improvements to residential homes.
- Rep. Levin urges Senate to move tax extenders. Heflin, Jay // Hill;6/24/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 73, p16
The article reports on the call of U.S. House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Sandy Levin for the passage of the tax extenders bill in June 2010.
- Touma not afraid to show numbers. // Crain's Detroit Business;04/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p38
States that $235,000 have been raised by Leslie Touma for the congression race against United States (U.S) Representative Sander Levin. Information on the faxing of Federal Election Commission receipts by Touma; Stipulation of Touma's quarterly report; Speculation on the amount usually raised...
- Levin Leaves Tax Exemption Up in the Air. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/6/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33527, p4
The article discusses the move of Representative Sander Levin, minority member on the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee, to defend itemized tax deductions that would be overturned under some tax reform proposals, but did not comment whether to maintain the federal tax exemption for interest...
- Japan pact: A good start. Frame, Phil; Treece, James B. // Automotive News;4/22/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5655, p3
Reports on progress being made in the United States (U.S.)-Japan automotive trade agreement and the praise of the agreement given by Representative Sander Levin. Comments from Senator Carl Levin; Visit of President Bill Clinton to Chrysler Japan Sales Limited; Changes in the bilateral auto...
- Suppliers' bucks back former Lear exec's bid for House seat. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;10/26/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5790, p24B
Highlights support for Leslie Touma in her contention for a congressional seat in Michigan against Congressman Sander Levin. Financial assistance from automotive suppliers and political action committees; Touma's campaign efforts; Contributors to Touma.