San Diego Mayor Nixes Plan to Build a New Civic Center
- Should New Civic Center Project Be Shelved? York, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p41
In this article the author discusses the desire of San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders to build a new Civic Center in California. He says that this project enables the city to save money. He emphasizes that the calculations on how much money will be saved for such project are based on assumptions that...
- San Diego Mayor Dismisses Calls for Chap. 9 Filing. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p20
The article reports on the move of San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders to dismiss calls from local political activists to consider Chapter 9 bankruptcy if labor unions refuse to accept reduced retiree health care and pension benefits in California.
- Sanders faces veto-proof Democratic council majority come December. Hope, Randy // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/26/2008, Issue 1092, p10
The article reports on the results of the San Diego City Council race that Mayor Jerry Sanders will face a veto-proof Democratic council majority, the Union-Tribune which could affect his reform agenda of contracting out city jobs and reducing employee pensions.
- QUOTES OF THE YEAR. // San Diego Business Journal;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p16
The article presents quotes from Mayor Jerry Sanders regarding the local craft beer industry that create more jobs, Tony Cherin of San Diego State University regarding on the convenience of banking service, and Paul Peabody of Palomar Health on health care data analytics.
- Birthdays & Anniversaries. // Munday Courier (TX);7/19/2006, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p2
A birthday classified along with birthday information of Jerry Sanders is presented.
- READER PROJECT: VINTAGE. // Popular Mechanics;Oct2015, Vol. 192 Issue 8, p6
The article features the Boonie Bug, a hybrid camper/station wagon built by Jerry Sanders in 1974.
- Sanders' opening video reflects his lack of leadership in minority communities. // La Prensa San Diego;1/20/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on Mayor Jerry Sanders' lack of leadership to minority communities in San Diego, California which is reflected in the opening video of his speech for the State of the City Address.
- Sanders wins second term, DeMaio first out gay man elected to council. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/4/2008, Issue 1067, p10
The article reports on the political victory of Mayor Jerry Sanders in San Diego election.
- Civic splendor. Linn, C. // Architectural Record;Nov1991, Vol. 179 Issue 11, Lighting Supplement p40
Recounts how the Marin County (Calif.) government and Pacific Gas & Electric worked together to relight the exterior of the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Marin County Civic Center. Luminae Souter Lighting Design designed the changes, which save energy and improve the center's appearance. Funding;...