Another Ex-Jefferson County Official Sentenced to Jail
- A Conflict of Rights. // America;10/9/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 26, p685
The article reports that in the Georgia State Court, Mr. Stegall, who is a gauger in the service of the U.S. internal revenue department, was sent to jail for contempt for refusing to state information about the alleged illicit distillery in Dade County, Miami. It adds that the State judge...
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p4
The article presents updates on the political risk, economic risk, and business environment in Vietnam. Corrupt municipal officials Huynh Ngoc Si and Le Qua were handed three and two years of lenient jail terms by Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) People's court on September 25, 2009. Consumer price...
- Wynne announces tough penalties for councillors. O'Brien, Rob // Government News;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the possibility that councilors who took advantage on their position for personal gain could be hit with a five-year prison sentence in Australia. It notes that they would also be charged 70,000 dollars fine under the new amendments of local government penalties by Brumby...
- Fixing a broken frame. Sugar, Yehuda // U.S. News & World Report;03/15/99, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p28
Examines the upcoming trial of officials in DuPage County, Illinois, who are accused of framing Rolando Cruz for the murder of Jeanine Nicarico in 1983. Cruz sentenced to death row, and later released; Punishment the officials face if convicted; Views of Cruz's lawyer, Jed Stone; Details about...
- Corruption Perceptions Index. // New Zealand Country Review;2013, p102
The article presents the methodology used to calculate the corruption perception index (CPI) which is based on corruption of public officials and a table is presented which lists the CPI of several countries including New Zealand, Denmark and Sweden.
- Corruption Perceptions Index. // Ukraine Country Review;2013, p125
The article discusses the methodology used to calculate the corruption perception index (CPI) which is based on corruption of public officials and also presents a table depicting the lists of the CPI for several countries including New Zealand, Sweden and Denmark.
- Corruption Perceptions Index. // Panama Country Review;2012, p93
A table is presented which ranks the countries in terms of the degree to which public officials were involved in corruption including New Zealand, Denmark, and Somalia.
- Corruption Perceptions Index. // Nigeria Country Review;2013, p136
The article presents corruption perceptions index for several countries including New Zealand, Singapore and Finland, and states that it is a composite index which ranks countries in terms of the degree to which corruption is perceived to exist among public officials.
- Corruption Perceptions Index. // Moldova Country Review;2013, p111
The article presents information on the calculation of Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) based upon corruption level of government officials and also lists several countries including Afghanistan, Iran and Germany against their CPI.