- LATE NEWS. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p1
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of May 2002. Status of gross regional product; Increase the number of manufacturing employment; Development of electronic port.
- Notes. // OECD Economic Surveys: Finland;Mar2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 3, p132
Presents information on the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries as of March 2003. Quarterly gross domestic product growth; Unemployment rate of older workers; Policy changes that have tended to make pension schemes more actuarial neutral.
- A jobless expansion isn't all bad news. Grunewald, Rob // Fedgazette;Jan2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p15
Describes the advantages of a jobless expansion. Definition of jobless expansion; Status of the gross domestic product of the U.S. as of the fourth quarter of 2001; Statistics of nonfarm employment in the country from 2001-2002.
- NAMIBIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Aug2011, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p9
The article presents the political, economic, and business environmental risks of Namibia, in which it mentions that the government is pledging to devote one-fifth of gross domestic product (GDP) towards solving the country's unemployment problem in 2014-2015.
- Section 1: Current economic conditions. // Canadian Economic Observer;Feb2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
The article offers news briefs related to economic conditions prevailing across the world. Employment increased by 0.4% in January 2011 in Canada compared to 0.2% increase in December 2010. Gross domestic product (GDP) of the U.S. increased by 0.8% in the fourth quarter of 2010. The economy of...
- Canadian Economic Observer: Section 1: Current economic conditions. // Canadian Economic Observer;May2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p2
The article offers news briefs related to economic conditions prevailing around the world. Employment in Canada increased by 0.3% in April 2011 after a one-month stagnation in March 2011. During the first quarter of the year 2011 the real gross domestic product (GDP) of Great Britain increased...
- REPORT: COPYRIGHTS CONTRIBUTED $1 TRILLION TO ECONOMY IN 2012. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;11/25/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 47, p4
The article reports that copyright industries outpaced other industries in terms of contribution to the economy, as it provided more than 1 trillion dollars in value added in 2012, which represents nearly 6.5 percent of the gross domestic product of the U.S.
- ASCE: Infrastructure-funding gap must be bridged. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner Blog;1/16/2013, p9
The article discusses a study released by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) which focused on the deteriorating infrastructure in the U.S. and the inadequate public and private funding for needed repairs and future expansions. It added that the deteriorating infrastructure has a...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p2
Presents news-briefs related to the U.S. public finance market as of November, 2002. Rise in the third-quarter gross domestic product of the year; Increase in applications for unemployment benefits in Washington D.C.; Economic condition of the New York City; Volume of help-wanted advertisements...