- Audition time in Powys. // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p4
Explores the role of forest rangers in Great Britain in forest protection and management. Establishment of the Forest Enterprise Wales; Protection of nightjar species; Implications for environmental and animal protection.
- On Patrol. Caifa, Tom; Scherry, Stephen // New York State Conservationist;Aug2013, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p17
The article presents stories by conservation officers and forest rangers. Montana Game Wardens Lennie Buhman and Todd Anderson contacted Environmental Conservation Investigator (ECI) Jim Boylan about an elk illegally taken in Montana and brought back to New York. Environmental Conservation...
- Clouded Leopard Rescue. ELDER, SCOTT // National Geographic Kids;Nov2012, Issue 425, p22
The article focuses on the rescue made by forest rangers involving two clouded leopard kittens in Kokrajhar, India. The cubs were kept by a man who sells them to those who are interested in exotic pets. The veterinarians who examined the cubs hand-fed them with cow's milk using baby bottles. The...
- TALES ABOUT A COW, A CALF AND A WEASEL. // Forests, Fires, & Wild Things;1985, p115
The article narrates the author's experiences being a ranger. Rangers are often called on to do anything that a client asks for. It was fall season when he was called to rescue a cow and a newborn calf that were found floundering around in the snow about four or five miles out of McCloud area in...
- On Patrol. Bobseine, Liza; Scherry, Stephen // New York State Conservationist;Aug2014, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p16
The article offers information on situations wherein the help of conservation officers and forest rangers were sought in New York and mentions topics including a rabid bobcat in the Town of Nichols, a bear with an old metal milk stuck on its head, and how a driver was issued summons for exhaust...
- OBSERVATIONS OF A GAME WARDEN. BETHGE, GERRY // Outdoor Life;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 220 Issue 6, p13
An interview with Erin Crossman, conservation officer is presented. When asked about some interesting facts on wildlife, she discussed on bucks, moose, and bears. She discussed on the difficulties to catch poachers and night shift as the dangerous time to patrol. She discussed the incident of...
- HEROES & VILLAINS. McIntyre, Thomas // Field & Stream;Nov2007, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p19
The article focuses on various developments related to animal rescue, fishing, and concealed-carry license holders. Bob Hansen and Mike Hansen, father and son from Mansfield, Illinois, and their guide Ron Kaye, rescued 2 bald eagles from drowning in Ontario's Kabinakagami Lake. Matt Westerhold,...
- Winter's Tail. Teper, Shannon // Highlights;May2010, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p6
The article relates the rescue of a two-month-old dolphin named Winter after she was trapped in a rope in Florida.
- Dolphins rescued in Guatemala. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct2001, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p10
Reports the rescue of two dolphins in Guatemala that were part of a travelling show.