Going Green to Protect Onondaga Lake
- Bring Commerce Back to Shores of Onondaga. // Business Journal (Central New York);7/5/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p31
Editorial. Comments on the effort of the government to cleanup the Onondaga Lake in New York. Expected completion of the cleanup work; Source of fund for removing the contamination.
- Where muck needs raking. Keene, M. // Sierra;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p136
Describes the pollution of New York state's Onondaga Lake. Allied Chemical Company the biggest polluter; Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan proposes Onondaga Lake Restoration Act to clean up lake.
- DRY WEIGHT DEPOSITION IN POLLUTED ONONDAGA LAKE, NEW YORK, U.S.A. Effler, Steven W.; Brooks, Carol M. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;1998, Vol. 103 Issue 1-4, p389
Documents short- and long-term trends in dry weight composition rates for polluted Onondaga Lake in New York, based on analyses of sediment trap collections made below the epilimnion at a single deep-water location over the 1980-1992 period using cylindrical traps. Dry weight rates obtained...
- N.Y. Eyes $100 Million Offering for Unclean Onondaga Lake. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;7/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31172, p44
Reports on a series of projects aimed at restoring Onondaga Lake in New York. Bond issue planned to help finance the projects; Threats to the projects; Other sources of funding for the projects.
- Cities. // National Geographic;Nov2015, Vol. 228 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses various cities in the world where municipal governments have taken steps to combat climatic change including controlling pollution, and revamping old infrastructure. It mentions initiatives like construction of an environment-friendly street in Chicago, Illinois, a water...
- OEI is committed to restoring Onondaga Lake Watershed. Doherty, Julie // Business Journal (Central New York);8/27/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p19
The article discusses the commitment of the Onondaga Environmental Institute (OEI) to help in the restoration of the Onondaga Lake Watershed in Syracuse, New York. It states that local community members visualized the future of the Onondaga Creek to be fishable and swimmable. It notes the...
- Cleanup Finalized for Lower Ley Creek Portion of Onondaga Lake Site;. // Hazardous Waste/Superfund Alert;10/15/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p2
The article discusses a plan made by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to clean up contaminated soil at the Lower Ley Creek area of the Onondaga Lake Superfund Site located in New York City. It informs that discharges from industries contaminated the soil and sediment with hazardous...
- Stormwater Two Cities, One Goal. SELDOMRIDGE, BEN // WaterWorld;Apr2015, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the one goal of the two cities such as Lancaster, Pennsylvania and Syracuse, New York to capture and save stormwater. Topics mentioned include the imposed stormwater regulations by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the creation of the programs "Save It" by...
- Case: The Ethics and Economics of Expanding Interstate 69 In Indiana. Clapp-Itnyre, Alisa // Business Communication Quarterly;Jun2000, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p92
The article presents a case study of the ethical implications of a highway extension in southern Indiana. The author explains the case: the Federal Highway Administration wants to build a highway from Indianapolis to Evansville, through a state park and farmland, some of which is populated by a...