EduSpeakï¿½: A speech recognition and pronunciation scoring toolkit for computer-aided language learning applications
- All talk, no action. Bowes, Chris // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/02/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6125, p54
Focuses on the development of voice recognition software. Unfulfilled promises made by Microsoft's Bill Gates; Progress made by the Canadian firm Corel and features of Corel's WordPerfect Suite 8.
- Market facts. Van Tyle, Sherrie // Electronic Design;11/7/94, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p123
Reports on the market of software for speech recognition. Evaluation of speech recognition software; Applications; Incorporation in graphics, word processor and custom application.
- The voice of reason? O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Mar98, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p29
Takes a look at two software packages that hold the potential to bring speech-recognition capabilities to computr users. Dragon Systems Inc.'s Naturally Speaking and NaturallySpeaking Deluxe software programs; ViaVoice and ViaVoice Gold from the International Business Machines Corp.
- From Your Lips to Your Printer. Fallows, James // Atlantic Monthly (10727825);Dec2000, Vol. 286 Issue 6, p106
The article focuses on voice-recognition software that allows those unable or unwilling to type use a computer. The author discusses the debut of a plausible dictation technology, NaturallySpeaking, from Dragon Systems of Newton, Massachusetts and describes its features and capabilities. The...
- The Semantics of Haroti Postpositional-Interrogating Simple Sentences. Dwivedi, Amitabh Vikram // Language in India;Jun2009, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on a study concerning the semantics and pragmatics of simple sentences and locative expressions in Haroti, Rajasthan in India. It notes that expressions or subject object verb (SOV) language in the region tends to be post-positional. It stresses that native speakers will not...
- Juncture Patterns of the Surabaya-citizen's Speech. Karsono, O. M. F. // k@ta;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p23
The article discusses various juncture patterns of Chinese language spoken by Surabaya citizens who do not treat Bahasa and Indonesian language as their mother tongue. It mentions that juncture in Chinese language consists of two functions known as grammatical, which occurs in natural statement...
- Next Frontier: ID Via Voice. // Bank Technology News;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p32
Explores the importance of automatic speech recognition software to the financial services industry. Voice verification and authentication software; Evolution of natural language processing; Interactive voice response program.
- Soviet speech-recognition software expands its reach. Van Tyle, Sherrie // Electronic Design;12/16/94, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p44
Reports on the development of a speech-interactive and identification software that runs on a personal computer by scientists at the Speech Technology Center in St. Petersburg, Russia. Features; Applications; Hardware requirements; Contact information.
- Phillips Launches SpeechPearl 8.0 Speech Recognition Engine. // Customer Interface;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on Philips' SpeechPearl 8.0 telephony speech engine. Functionality of the software; Facilitation of application development and integration; Improved application usability; 'Out-of-grammar' rejection for closed grammar applications; Voice Enrollment Framework which handles adding...