EduSpeakï¿½: A speech recognition and pronunciation scoring toolkit for computer-aided language learning applications
- All talk, no action. Bowes, Chris // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/02/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6125, p54
Focuses on the development of voice recognition software. Unfulfilled promises made by Microsoft's Bill Gates; Progress made by the Canadian firm Corel and features of Corel's WordPerfect Suite 8.
- The voice of reason? O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Mar98, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p29
Takes a look at two software packages that hold the potential to bring speech-recognition capabilities to computr users. Dragon Systems Inc.'s Naturally Speaking and NaturallySpeaking Deluxe software programs; ViaVoice and ViaVoice Gold from the International Business Machines Corp.
- Market facts. Van Tyle, Sherrie // Electronic Design;11/7/94, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p123
Reports on the market of software for speech recognition. Evaluation of speech recognition software; Applications; Incorporation in graphics, word processor and custom application.
- VOICE RECOGNITION. Owen, Carl // Robot;May/Jun2015, Issue 52, p30
The article discusses the presence of voice recognition in robots.
- From Your Lips to Your Printer. Fallows, James // Atlantic;Dec2000, Vol. 286 Issue 6, p106
The article focuses on voice-recognition software that allows those unable or unwilling to type use a computer. The author discusses the debut of a plausible dictation technology, NaturallySpeaking, from Dragon Systems of Newton, Massachusetts and describes its features and capabilities. The...
- Soviet speech-recognition software expands its reach. Van Tyle, Sherrie // Electronic Design;12/16/94, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p44
Reports on the development of a speech-interactive and identification software that runs on a personal computer by scientists at the Speech Technology Center in St. Petersburg, Russia. Features; Applications; Hardware requirements; Contact information.
- Phillips Launches SpeechPearl 8.0 Speech Recognition Engine. // Customer Interface;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on Philips' SpeechPearl 8.0 telephony speech engine. Functionality of the software; Facilitation of application development and integration; Improved application usability; 'Out-of-grammar' rejection for closed grammar applications; Voice Enrollment Framework which handles adding...
- MonkeyThinks. // Children's Technology Review;May2011, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p17
The article evaluates the voice recognition application for iPad or iPod from Incandescent Core LLC.
- Dragon buoys speech wares. Spooner, John G. // PC Week;04/26/99, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p22
Reports on Dragon Systems Inc.'s plan to launch products designed to enhance market acceptance of its NaturallySpeaking speech recognition software. Products' features and functions; Prices.