November: American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month
- Native Diabetes Wellness Program Commemorates Native American Heritage Month-- November 2011. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;11/25/2011, Vol. 60 Issue 46, p1587
The article offers information on the celebration of the National Native American Heritage Month in November 2011.
- NEWS IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;11/3/2008, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p8
A quiz related to articles in the November 3, 2008 issue of "Scholastic News," including reports on Alaska and Hawaii, and the National American Indian Heritage Month, is presented.
- Choctaw Nation releases balloons in recognition of Child Abuse Awareness. COPELAND, LARISSA // Native American Times;5/7/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the move of the Choctaw Nation in Durant, Oklahoma to release 110 blue balloons to support the Child Abuse Awareness Month on April 28, 2010.
- POW WOW POWER. DiConsiglio, John // Scholastic Scope;11/14/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 6/7, p20
Focuses on the National American Indian Heritage Month during which native American gatherings celebrate life with song, dance, and drums.
- To the Lakota, December is a month of tragedy. Giago, Tim // Native American Times;12/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 99, p8
The author focuses on the reason why Lakota Indians consider December a month of tragedy. He relates the assassination of Lakota leader Tatanka Iyotanka, known as Sitting Bull, on the Standing Rock Indian Reservation between North and South Dakota in 1890. He notes the belief of many Lakota...
- ACTIVITIES ALMANAC. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Nov2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
Presents the schedule of activities, events and celebrations in several countries including the U.S. for the month of November 2004. American Diabetes Month; National American Indian Heritage Month; Japan: Labor Thanksgiving Day on November 23; Saint Catherine's Day on November 25; Philippines:...
- Fun Fact. // Scholastic DynaMath;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p3
Provides information about Native American History Month in November in the United States. Population of native Americans; Number of native Americans who speak Navajo.
- National Native American Heritage Month, 2012. // Federal Register;11/6/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 215, p66527
A summary is presented of Proclamation 8901, National Native American Heritage Month, signed by U.S. President Barack Obama on November 1, 2012.
- A RETURN TO INDIAN TIMES. Harmon, Daniel E. // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Autumn2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p21
The article describes the celebration of Native American Heritage Month at Hagood Mill in Pickens County, South Carolina in September 2007. During a seminar, Dr. Will Goins, chief executive of the Eastern Cherokee, Southern Iroquois and United Tribes of South Carolina discussed Native American...