VOICE AND TRUST AS PREDICTORS OF PARENTAL SATISFACTION WITH CHILD HEALTH CARE AMONG A HEAD START SAMPLE
- Investing in Child Careâ€¦ Yields Big Returns. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/21/2011 Child Care Council Supple, p6
The article presents a quote pertaining to the survey which determines the capacity of parents to pay child care service in New York.
- Transportation, delivery, vehicle mechanics. // NEA Today;Sep96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p30
Replies to a query related to the value of trust between parents and children. Emphasis of good qualities as well as bad ones.
- Why do children transfer to their parents? Evidence from South Korea. Park, Cheolsung // Review of Economics of the Household;Sep2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p461
I examine motives behind interhousehold upstream transfers using a sample of child-parent pairs in South Korea. The estimation results indicate that upstream transfers in Korea cannot be explained by just one motive. I find evidence that altruism is the dominant motive at the margin if parental...
- How to make an eye unit child friendly. McLeod-Omawale, Joan; Hossain, Alamgir // Community Eye Health Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 72, p18
The article focuses on the needs to construct a friendly eye unit for children. It states that children have different needs compare to young adults and parents and carers need to pay more attention on their eye care environment. It mentions that an eye unit must provide a play area for children...
- Health Supervision Visits of Very Young Children: Time Addressing 3 Key Topics. Manning, Kristie M.; Ariza, Adolfo J.; Massimino, Tara K.; Binns, Helen J. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov2009, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p931
Objective. To describe the time and actions on 3 key health topics during health supervision (HS) visits of children aged 0 to 1 years. Method. HS visits were observed at 5 offices. Parents provided demographics and children's measurements were obtained. Using special computer software, visits...
- Family Foster Care Placement The Child's Perspective. Johnson, Penny Ruff; Yoken, Carol; Voss, Ron // Child Welfare;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p959
The article discusses the findings of a study on the impacts of foster care home for children. The study looks at the issue from children's viewpoints. Even though family foster care placement caused severe disruption for the children because of the necessity of blending into new neighborhoods,...
- Cultivating Little Green Thumbs. Geddes, Jennifer Kelly // Parenting;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p35
Offers tips for parents on protecting children during dirt-eating stage. Protection of kids from harmful pesticides or animal feces; Ways to protect skin from insect bites.
- 'Mom, Am I Fat?'. // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p14
Presents guidelines for mothers in engaging positive body talks with children. Need to compliment people on attitudes rather than physical features; Importance of instilling in the child the effects of restricted diet; Significance of reminding children the image of God in their person.
- Your child 6 to 12. Pruett, Kyle // Good Housekeeping;Jun94, Vol. 218 Issue 6, p58
Presents answers to questions by parents concerning their children. Overweight ten-year-old daughter; Seven-year-old son's stealing; Dirty jokes by a ten-year-old son; Difference in styles between father and mother towards their children; Tough talk from second daughter; Flying with children.