COMMUNITY COLLEGES AS SETTINGS FOR PROMOTING EMPLOYEE HEALTH
- Closing Thoughts. Chapman, Larry S. // American Journal of Health Promotion;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p156
In this article the author discusses the focus of the "The Art of Health Promotion," section within the issue which is the wellness of employees that work in remote and geographically isolated settings.
- Healthy Workplace Employer Recognition Program. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/10/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the initiation of the Healthy Workplace Employer Recognition Program in 2011 in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- Healthy Employees = A Healthy Bottom Line. // Orange County Business Journal;9/20/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 38, pC.53
The article focuses on the study by the Health Management Resource Center at the University of Michigan concerning the benefits of health and wellness programs in the workplace.
- The good (and the bad) in the growth of Wellness. STONEHOUSE, ANDY // Employee Benefit News;Jun2014, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including a survey on the emerging trends in wellness, the best practices for employers in ensuring the employee's health, and the legal challenges on outcomes-based wellness programs.
- PEIA Offers Pathways to Wellness Programs. RUBEN, MIKE // State Journal (WV);9/23/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p13
The article reports that Public Employees Insurance Agency (PEIA) offers "Work it Out at the Workplace" (WIOW) program which encourages employees to engage in physical and wellness activities including yoga, aerobics, and tai chi to improve immune systems, relieve stress, and enhance endurance.
- Two Colleges - A Single Perspective. Kelly, Terence J. // Community College Week;08/23/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Presents a college president's experience on managing two community colleges at the same time in Louisiana. Application of two management principles; Information on the colleges; Issues addressed on a daily basis as a president.
- When is firefighter health prevention week? Sherek, Becky // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p34
No abstract available.
- Corporate Wellness Programs Benefit Workers While Saving Companies Money. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/14/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 53, p11
The article discusses the role that corporate wellness programs play in the success of U.S. businesses. According to the author, having a corporate wellness program in place provides companies with healthy and productive employees. He asserts that employees are a company's best assets and having...
- Targeting chronic diseases can lead to healthier bottom line. Altebarmakian, Varoujan // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/16/2012, p34
The author discusses the significant role of employers in preventing or managing chronic diseases including diabetes, asthma, and obesity through encouraging workers to get routine health screenings, providing more nutritional foods and promoting physical activity in the workplace.