LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Energy Sec. Chu uses Facebook to defend nukes. Geman, Ben // Hill;2/23/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p17
The article reports that Energy Secretary Steven Chu has used his facebook in ellaborating the support of the U.S. President Barack Obama administration towards the development of two new nuclear power reactors in Georgia.
- â‚¬55bn on power projects in Poland until 2025. // Coal International;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 259 Issue 4, p57
The article reports on the 55 billion euros to be used for Poland's nuclear power projects until 2025.
- Gov't discusses Paks loan. // Hungary A.M.;2/20/2014, p4
The article reports on the 10 billion euros loan to be extended by the Russian government to Hungary for an upgrade of the Paks nuclear power plant in 2014.
- Debt solution for nuclear power plants. // Modern Power Systems;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p9
Details the plan of Russian Atomic Energy Minister Viktor Mikhaylov for the financial problem of the nuclear power plants in the country. Value of debt; Contributing factors.
- Investment needed for nuclear units. // Modern Power Systems;Apr95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the inability of Russia to complete its nuclear generating units in Kalinin, Kursk and Rostov due to lack of cash. Remarks on nuclear safety and efficiency; Goal of Russia and the European Union to improve safety standards; Determination to complete a nuclear reprocessing plant in...
- Nuclear Option. Goodman, Amy // Progressive Populist;3/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the announcement of the U.S. President Barack Obama regarding the initial 8 billion dollars in loan guarantees for constructing the first new nuclear power plants in the U.S.
- Plan offered to revive nukes. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/20/93, Vol. 231 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the status of two mothballed nuclear power plants of the Washington Public Power Supply System in the Pacific Northwest. Plan for the fabrication of plutonium fuel from nuclear weapons; Financial arrangement for completing and starting the plants.
- 60 Seconds. // New Scientist;2/6/2010, Vol. 205 Issue 2746, p7
This section offers news briefs related to science including a 36 billion U.S. dollar increase in loan guarantees for nuclear power plants proposed by U.S. President Barack Obama, the abandonment of plans to store high-level nuclear waste in an underground repository in Yucca mountain in Nevada,...
- Washington observer. Ichniowski, Tom; Bradford, Hazel // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/7/94, Vol. 232 Issue 10, p5
Reports on developments related to United States policies on engineering and construction industry. US lawmakers' criticism of Department of Transportation budget; Recycled tires in asphalt supporters' backing of the full implementation of the 1991 Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency...