Tax Reforms Unlikely Before End-Year
- Revenue Outlook Still Weak. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p11
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania as of March 2011. It anticipates that the planned deficit reduction to 3% of gross domestic product (GDP) by 2012 is quite ambitious, particularly as Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius' administration faces a key election in October 2012....
- Stimulus Package Won't Prevent Deep Recession. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
The article presents an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2009. An economic stimulus package worth Latvian lats 5.7 billion was approved by the government on February 26, 2009. Funding for the package, according to Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, will come from the European Union's structural...
- Austerity Shaky Despite Budget Approval. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the approval of the Lithuanian government's 2011 budget by Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius. It says that its focus was to reform state-run firms and tackle smuggling to increase revenues on public sector pay cuts, pension reform, and tax hikes to reduce its deficit on...
- LITHUANIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the economic and political condition in Lithuania including the public disapproval gained by Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, the country's current account deficit, and Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s plan to acquire Sanitas AB.
- LITHUNIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
The article provides an overview of Lithuania's political and economic risk and business environment including the poll result for Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, the slow economic recovery and the prevalence of risk to the real gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
- DEFEAT THAT WAS TREATED FOR VICTORY: REASONS BEHIND THE GOOD PERFORMANCE OF A. KUBILIUS' GOVERNMENT PARTIES IN SEIMAS ELECTIONS. Jastramskis, Mažvydas // Politologija;2014, Issue 73/1, p179
An abstract of the article "Defeat That Was Treated for Victory: Reasons Behind the Good Performance of A. Kubilius' Government Parties in Seimas Elections," by MaÅ¾vydas Jastramskis is presented.
- Billionaire-Led Committee Proposes California Tax Hikes. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;11/29/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33623, p3
No abstract available.
- Indiana Tax Reform Prospects in 2013. // Site Selection;Mar2013, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p135
The article discusses the tax reform prospects in Indiana in 2013, with particular focus on the opportunity presented by the scrutiny lawmakers to the state and local tax systems to assess and address structural flaws and ensures necessary revenue to deliver key public services.
- Illinois Needs to Stay on Top of Tax Reform Plan, Group Warns. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/28/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33489, p3
The article reports on the warning of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability on the need of lawmakers in Illinois to keep tax reform that increases new revenue to stabilize state finances due to structural deficit looms.