CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY
- NATIONAL SECURITY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Czech Republic;4/12/2011, p7
The article focuses on the significant contributions being made by the Czech Republic to international allied coalitions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kosovo, the reform of the military personnel structure and its defense spending.
- Belgian jet offer makes last-second landing. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the F-16 surplus jet fighters offered by the Belgian government and aerospace firms S.A.B.C.A. and Techspace Aero to Czech Republic government. Amount of the offer; Inclusion of training and initial upgrades in the deal; Preference of the government to purchase JAS-39 Gripen fighters.
- Czechs considering direct arms supplies to Iraqi Kurds. // Regional Today;8/13/2014, p3
The article focuses on the plan of the Czech Republic to supply Kurdish forces with arms to help them with their fight against the group Islamis State (IS) in northern Iraq according to the statement of Foreign Minister LubomÃr ZaorÃ¡lek reported on Czech Radio.
- New NATO Members to Join SOSTAR? Fiszer, Michal; Gruszczynski, Jerzy; Rivers, Brendan P. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Apr2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p20
Reports the invitation extended toward Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic to join the Stand-Off Surveillance and Target Acquisition Radar program. Aim of the program; Timetable of the program; Options for participation offered to North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies.
- Euromissiles II. Bonsignore, Ezio // Military Technology;2007, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
The author reflects on the international crisis over the planned installation of elements of the U.S. Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) system in the Czech Republic and Poland during the late 1970s and early 1980s. According to the author the proposed deployment of a BDM radar station in the Czech...
- The Senate's strange bedfellows. Isaacs, John // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jan/Feb1998, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p32
Analyzes the inclusion of Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Reaction of the United States people and politicians on the issue; Several politicians who support and several who oppose the expansion; Reaction of United States' senators on the issue.
- There's hope for recovery. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/5/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 27, pP24
The article explains why there is hope for economic recovery in Nevada and discusses why the state has a much better economic prospect as compared to Michigan.
- News In Brief: Conference Board: Economy Recovering. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p2
Reports on the possibility of economic recovery by the U.S. in 2002. Factors influencing the possible economic recovery; Impact of productivity on economic recovery.
- Group of 3. Budowsky, Brent // Hill;3/31/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p23
No abstract available.