Further Asset Deterioration Likely
- Indonesia Corporate Anemia. // Global Finance;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p65
Examines Indonesia's ability to meet external debt obligations. Corporate debt restructuring in the country; Warning of Standard & Poor's Singapore official Ee-Lin Tan; Companies that are enjoying positive operating margins; Factors that are further hampering a recovery of credit quality.
- PROPOSED CHANGES IN U.S. BANK CAPITAL REGULATIONS. Croke, Jr., James J.; Manbeck, Peter C. // Banking Law Journal;Jan2006, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p16
The article summarizes the principal provisions of a recent advance notice of proposed changes in the U.S. bank capital regulations. In November 2001, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., and the...
- Foreign Debt: the Case for Bank Regulation. Finch, David // IPA Review;Winter90, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p28
Proposes tighter regulation of banks as solution to Australia's problem on foreign debts. Why private borrowing matters; Justification for banking regulation; Option presented by fiscal policy.
- Seeing the forest. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov89, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p96
Examines the role of banking industry in the economic health of the country. Causes of high school dropouts; Function of international debtors; Solution on the increase of drug abuse.
- As safe as banks? // Accountancy;Aug1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1092, p1
Editorial. Comments on the banking problems of the U.S. and Great Britain in the 1980s. Difficulties of British secondary banks due to the collapse of the British property sector; Efforts by the International Monetary Fund to persuade Argentina to fulfill its loan commitments; Impact of Latin...
- THE DETERMINANTS OF THE CAPITAL STRUCTURE OF FINANCIAL FIRMS IN NIGERIA: THE FINANCIAL MANAGERS' PERSPECTIVES. Salawu, Rafiu Oyesola // Global Journal of Business Research (GJBR);2007, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p60
The paper examined the considerable factors in deciding on the appropriate amount of equity and debt in the Nigerian banking industry, and the factors influencing banks' capital structure. Data were gathered through questionnaires administered to the financial managers of 25 listed banks in...
- Serbia's external debt growth slows in Sept. // Regional Today;11/22/2013, p2
The article reports that Serbia's external debt rose 3.4% year-on-year to 25.7 billion euros at the end of September 2013, from a 7.3% annual growth in August as falling corporate and banking-sector indebtedness offset rising public foreign liabilities, according to the National Bank of Serbia.
- GLOBAL DEBT, EQUITY AND EQUITY-RELATED LEAGUE TABLE CRITERIA. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p79
Presents information about international debt and equities in the United States. Definition of corporate debts; Eligibility of collaterized debt obligations for league table credit; Classification of equity-related domicile league tables.
- Credit Reform in the USSR. Simonov, V. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p77
Discusses the reform of the banking system in Russia. Content of the credit reform; Relations between credit reform and the country's foreign debt; Solutions to the debt problem.