The role of communications
- Pricewaterhouse flap fallout. Vesely, Rebecca // Modern Healthcare;10/26/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 43, p14
The article focuses on the controversies surrounding a report issued by PricewaterhouseCoopers concerning the proposed Senate Finance Committee bill in the U.S. The report alleges that the healthcare legislation would increase family insurance premiums. It focuses on Cadillac health plans...
- Health care reform gains momentum. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;12/14/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p13
The article focuses on the initiative to pass comprehensive health care reform legislation in the U.S. The drive to move the U.S. much closer to universal health care coverage is said to have made some legislative progress. It mentions the approval of the House version of the bill in November...
- continuing uncertainty dominates the healthcare landscape. Wilensky, Gail R. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2011, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p34
The article focuses on the continuing uncertainty in rule-making due to judicial challenges against the Affordable Care Act in the U.S. Various regulations has been released which extend an uncertainty until details of the final regulations will be determined. Moreover, the ambiguity of the...
- Health care reform passes. Brock, Ed // American City & County;Apr2010, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the reactions of local and state governments in the U.S. to the Patient Protection & Affordability Care Act (PPACA), more commonly known as the health care reform act.
- Top 10 Bad Things about the Pelosi Healthcare Bill. // Human Events;11/16/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 40, p16
The article presents a list of the top 10 bad things about the healthcare bill pushed by U.S. Speaker Nancy Pelosi which includes the imposition of new taxes, a requirement for enrollment in a "qualified plan," and a mandate for businesses to provide health insurance to their workers or face a...
- Experts say GOP bill would boost fed role in healthcare. Baker, Sam // Hill;5/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 57, p10
The article offers views from the U.S. Democrats and nonpartisan analysts regarding the impact of the 2012 Republican budget bill to healthcare reform law.
- Democrats see the money after healthcare bill vote. Blake, Aaron // Hill;4/21/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p12
The article reports on the big financial awards received by vulnerable House Democrats from their vote that helped push the healthcare bill in the U.S.
- What healthcare reform will mean. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2009, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p37
The article focuses on the impact of the U.S. healthcare reform bill on the physicians, the advertising industry and on the drug industry.
- Amid increasing hostilities, health bill passes. KEEN, LISA // Windy City Times;3/24/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on U.S. President Barack Obama's signing of the health care reform bill which did not include provisions sought by the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.