THEORY BASED SAFER SEX INTERVENTION AMONG AFRICAN-AMERICAN COLLEGE STUDENTS
- An Evaluation of Substance Abuse Treatment and HIV Education on Safe Sex Practices in Cocaine Dependent Individuals. Winhusen, Theresa M.; Somoza, Eugene C.; Lewis, Daniel F.; Kropp, Frankie; Theobald, Jeff; Elkashef, Ahmed // ISRN Otolaryngology;2014, p1
Background. There is a strong association between crack/cocaine use and increased sexual risk behavior, but little research on the efficacy of HIV education for decreasing such behavior in crack/cocaine-addicted individuals in substance abuse treatment. Method. Datasets from two cocaine...
- A Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial of an Adolescent HIV Prevention Program Among Bahamian Youth: Effect at 12 Months Post-Intervention. Chen, Xinguang; Lunn, Sonja; Deveaux, Lynette; Li, Xiaoming; Brathwaite, Nanika; Cottrell, Lesley; Stanton, Bonita // AIDS & Behavior;Jun2009, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p499
Behavioral interventions based on the Protection Motivation Theory (PMT) have been demonstrated to reduce HIV risk behavior among mid- and older adolescents in different settings across the globe but have not been evaluated among Caribbean nations and have received limited evaluation among...
- Dick, meet little Elvis. // Advocate;10/31/95, Issue 693, p14
Reports on the decision of Brazil's health ministry to revamp a safe-sex campaign featuring a talking penis named Braulio. Complaints from men and boys who have the same name as the penis; Reactions of the health minister and the AIDS prevention program coordinator.
- CA: San Jose, CALIFORNIA. // Advocate;4/28/87, Issue 471, p24
Reports on the Santa Clara County, California health officials' commendation to the owners and management of the Watergarden bathhouse for their 'outstanding help' in educating patrons about safe sex.
- Are you really having safer sex? Lever, Janet; Schwartz, Pepper // Glamour;Aug96, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p54
Provides information on safe sex as a form of AIDS prevention. Misconceptions on safe sex revealed by a survey of sexually active heterosexual adults.
- Government okays abstinence pitch. Giles, Thomas S. // Christianity Today;6/20/94, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p58
Reports on a symposium in Budapest for Hungarian doctors and educators that focused on abstinence-based sex education for AIDS prevention. Speaker Dick Day; Campus Crusade for Christ in Hungary, coordinator of the meeting.
- DIFFERING ATTITUDES: HOW SAFE IS SEX IN EUROPE? Maves, Carl // Advocate;12/9/86, Issue 461, p31
Reports on attitudes toward safe sex in Europe. Dutch government's support for safe sex organizations; AIDS problem in Belgium; Safe-sex parties.
- Stop AIDS Project Closes Doors. Vandervelden, Mark // Advocate;7/7/87, Issue 476, p25
Reports on the success of safe sex education in San Francisco, California in reducing the number of gay men getting infected with AIDS. Dissolution of the Stop AIDS project; Concept of the safe sex education program.
- Let's talk about (safe) sex. Shaw, Jessica // Seventeen;Mar98, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p132
Focuses on the importance of education about safe sex in schools. Details on the Female Health Foundation, a nonprofit group which educates people about safe sex; Comments from actress Drew Barrymore, who has been entered as the national chairperson of the foundation.