- Managing Financial Planning Practices. Mathers, Robert; Goodman, Michael // CPA Wealth Provider;Jul2007, p27
The article focuses on the top three challenges that managers and executives have to address for the company's profitability and growth. It enumerates the three challenges include staffing, compensating and profitability. In addition, staffing or recruiting should bring the best talent for the...
- Rise above those petty remarks. // Executive Leadership;Aug2014, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to executive leadership such as dealing with nasty remarks from a tyrant executive and gaining respect from all employees.
- New Definition of Leadership. Clowney, Kay // Executive Excellence;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p8
Describes the characteristics of an ideal leader. Emphasis on character development as an element of success; Use of a power based structure method to persuade people; Attribution of work relationship to production and profitability.
- Should you decide â€¦ or ask the boss? // Administrative Professional Today;Jun2012, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on determining whether administrative professionals make a decision on their own or wait for the boss to weigh in.
- Non-Horrible Bosses. R. R. // Public Relations Strategist;Summer2015, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p5
The article focuses on the impact of chief executive officers (CEOs) on the work life of employees.
- Questions That Smart Employees--and Bosses--Ask. McCafferty, Dennis // Baseline;3/31/2014, p1
The article presents questions that employees should ask their bosses to draw out valuable insights from the management side, as well as questions supervisors should ask their employees to cultivate a rewarding, mutually beneficial partnership, according to executive leadership speaker Karin Hurt.
- Making the leap to manager. CHAKRAVORTY-CAMPBELL, PUBALI // New Hampshire Business Review;10/16/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p10
The article focuses on the basic components of managing transition to being the leader of the organization which include accepting the concept that earning respect takes time, engaging former co-workers in natural conversation, and expecting pushback from various people.
- Asking for Input Works. Jurado, Mel // LabTalk;Mar2007, Vol. 35 Issue 155, p38
The article deals with the importance of listening and learning to effective leadership. Research of more than 10,000 leaders and 84,000 employees prove that leaders who ask, listen and learn are observed to be more effective. In this regard, the author suggests that corporate leaders need to...
- Leaders of the Future. Giber, David; Friedman, Debbie // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on learning approaches for leaders. The ability of leaders to act as facilitators and teachers is discussed. Their use of creative and interactive means of thinking out-of-the-box is explained. The article also offers information on the Accelerated Leadership Development...