- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;7/29/2010, p7
This section offers news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain as of July 2010 including the rejection by the cabin crew of British Airways of the offer of the airline, approval of executive bonuses at railroad operator Network Rail and abolition of the Agricultural Wages Board.
- HR Space. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2011, p17
The article presents questions and answers relating to human resource management in Great Britain including entitlement of women employee for holiday pay during maternity leave, fixed term contract termination and extension, and rights of employees on secondment.
- BEST OF THE BLOGS. // People Management;Apr2011, p20
The article presents highlights of blog posts about British human resources (HR) issues written by the magazine's bloggers on its web site. The final report of the Fair Pay Review group discusses the social and economic context of the salaries of top executives in the public sector. The impact...
- DOD's blog: Below-inflation pay increases hurt businesses. O'Donovan, Debi // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);6/14/2013, p8
The article offers information on the results of research which assessed the cuts in the salaries of British employees. It mentions that low wages could negatively affect business performances. According to the author, reward managers as well as human resource managers play an important role to...
- HMV spends ...5m on Christmas blitz. Trickett, Eleanor // Campaign (UK);11/27/98, Issue 48, p8
Focuses on the budget HMV is putting for its pre-Christmas campaign in 1998. Description of the advertisements; Media used for the advertisements; Information on the products advertised; Creators of the advertisement.
- Eminem and HMV's results show retail can thrive with the right product. Williams, Paul // Music Week;7/10/2010, Issue 27, p4
The author reflects on the record revenues acquired by His Master's Voice UK Ltd. (HMV) ranging to a 17.7% rise in profits, while Eminem provided a 741,000 sales which implies that HMV's music retails flourish due to its shift from a one-dimensional retailer to a broader entertainment brand.
- HMV's closures can only fuel the decline in physical music sales. Williams, Paul // Music Week;1/15/2011, Issue 2, p4
The author reflects on the announcement of HMV UK Ltd. to shutdown its 40 stores in Great Britain by the end of 2010 in which it can only increase the decline in physical music sales.
- SWEETER OPTIONS. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;Feb2011, p25
The article highlights the use of private medical insurance (PMI) scheme for executives as a valuable retention and recruitment tool in Great Britain. Kevin Murdoch, development manager at Aviva UK, indicates the additional features of the scheme including health screening and dental, optical,...
- Recruiting and keeping a practice manager. Williams, Steve // Pulse;May2015, p114
The article offers tips on the recruitment and retention of general practice managers in Great Britain. Tips include offering a competitive salary package to persuade managers to stay, encouraging existing staff to take on new roles to reduce staffing costs and setting a probationary period. The...