Wal-Mart chief preaches the value of ethics in business
- E-tail debate takes center stage. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;6/5/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p31
Focuses on a debate over the impact of electronic commerce on the mass retail industry. Remarks from Don Soderquist, senior vice chairman of Wal-Mart, regarding the state of business-to-consumer electronic commerce; Opportunities provided by e-commerce; Web initiative of Philip Francis, chief...
- Former Walmart exec dead at 82. // Chain Drug Review;8/8/2016, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p7
An obituary for former Wal-Mart Stores Inc. chief operating officer, Don Soderquist is presented.
- Wal-Mart's Soderquist Will Retire. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/17/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the retirement of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. senior vice chairman Donald Soderquist on August 25, 2000. Significance of Soderquist's departure to the company; Other senior officials who will assume his responsibilities.
- Offensive thinking. Green, Kevin // People Management;4/22/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p27
Reports on the human resources (HR) professionals' dependency on best practice. Result of the best-practice syndrome; Reasons best practice is used to justify HR activities and processes; Solution to the cloning of HR.
- WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE... // Personnel Today;6/10/2008, p4
The article reports that a group of human resource (HR) directors gave talks on ethics in business as part of the HR Directors Club of the journal "Personnel Today," in Barbican area in London, England. Simon Webley, research director at the Institute of Business Ethics, said that for HR...
- HR IN CONTEXT. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2010 Q1, Special section p07
The article highlights emerging topics that human resources (HR) need to take part in. These include development of organization equity, establishment of a next level evolution for HR, and nurturing of a new generation of HR leaders who can collaborate with other senior leaders and promote new...
- How to Conduct an Ethics Audit. Krell, Eric // HR Magazine;Apr2010, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p48
The article gives tips on conducting an audit related to corporate ethics that can reveal gaps in ethics policies and practices. It stresses a key role being played by human resource (HR) professionals in shaping corporate ethical codes, policies and procedures and then communicating and...
- Leading by Example. Davis, Nancy M. // HR Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p44
The article profiles Richard Stephens, human resources (HR) chief at aircraft manufacturer Boeing Co. It notes that Stephens improved the Leadership Center of the company in Saint Louis, Missouri and transformed it into a hub of executive development to be able to resolve issues affecting...
- Is it an ethical dilemma for sure? Hatcher, Tim // T+D;May2002, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p106
Focuses on ethical dilemma related to employee training in terms of customer services quality in the U.S. Reference to the evaluator's dilemma at retail general merchandiser Keen Idea; Details of responses of human resource development professionals on the problem; Factors compelling employees...