BCC urges government to postpone work laws
- BCC condemn 'complex' employment law. // Cabinet Maker;3/19/2010, Issue 5679, p5
The article presents a report from the British Chambers of Commerce which shows that complex employment law is dampenng competitiveness in Great Britain and risks future job creation in 2010.
- BCC challenges next government. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2010, Issue 5686, p7
The article reports on the 90-day plan published by the British Chambers of Commerce to challenge the next government to put business at the top of the agenda in Great Britain.
- British Chambers of Commerce. // Credit Management;Aug99, p17
Announces the publishing of fact sheets on countries by the British Chamber organization and promotion of quality standards in training for Great Britain's exporters. Information on the two sample Fact Files on China and the United States; Role of the Joint Export Training Standards.
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p4
The article discusses enacted and soon-to-be enacted labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010, including the statutory right to request for time off for study or training and replacement of the sick note with a fit note.
- CONSULTATION WATCH. // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p5
This section presents news briefs related to public consultation on labor laws in Great Britain as of March 2010 which includes the government's consultation on travel and subsistence scheme arrangements for temporary workers and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills' consultation...
- Final amendments made to Agency Workers Regulations. // Employers Law;Sep2011, p5
The article reports that the British government has published the amendments to the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 for implementation on October 1, 2011.
- New job law unveiled. // Recruiter;2/9/2011, p11
The article reports on the implementation of the new labor law in Great Britain, which is the Employer's Charter, to give employers more confidence to hire staff.
- Pointless piece of protection. MARTIN, STEFAN // Recruiter;Nov2012, p18
The article discusses the efficacy of the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) in Great Britain.
- legal calendar. // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p27
A calendar of events concerning British labor law for December 2013-October 2014 is presented, including effectivity of Police Act 1997 Regulations 2013, changes to Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 and regulation freeze for businesses with less than 50 workers.