NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Investors want more information on board nominees. Smith, Jamie Carroll // InsideCounsel;May2015, Vol. 26 Issue 280, p10
The article discusses the results of a survey from Ernst & Young (EY) which reveal that shareholders are often greatly interested in who exactly their companies are nominating for board seats but also often feel they lack enough information to make an informed decision.
- Investors Seek Focus on Non-Financial Issues. Iannelli, Kate // NACD Directorship;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p19
The article focuses on a trend among investors in which they are directing their attention to non-financial issues such as social and environmental ones. Data from a study by Ernst and Young show a 27% rise in the number of social and environmental resolutions made by shareholders in 2010. It...
- Board diversity is much higher in companies with women in board and executive leader roles. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 35 Issue 204, p26
The article focuses on the report of Ernst and Young LLP entitled "Diversity Drives Diversity" on gender diversity in company's boardroom. It says that the report shows that companies with female executives are more likely to have higher levels of gender diversity. According to Allie Rutherford...
- Vanoil announces results of AGSM and approval of Fluormin acquisition. // African Business News;5/16/2013, p74
The article reports on the announcement of oil and gas company, Vanoil Energy Ltd., to the results of its Annual and General Special Meeting and the approval to acquire Fluormin PLC. The appointment of Don Padgett, Larry Van Hatten, and Samuel Malin to the company's board of directors is...
- IN BRIEF. // Accountancy;Aug2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1404, p5
This section offers news briefs pertaining to accounting in Great Britain. Ernst & Young is planning to appoint non-executive directors to its global board. Deena Mattar plans to step down as finance director of building group Kier in November 2010. According to finance provider Syscap, the...
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Announces Results of Annual Meeting of Shareholders. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;6/19/2011, p778
The article focuses on the results of the shareholders annual meeting of Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Inc., a biotechnology company, held on June 13, 2011. It states that shareholders agreed to the proposal of the management to increase the number of shares that the company can issue. It mentions...
- Boardroom Composition. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 34 Issue 198, p26
The article focuses on a study by Ernst & Young LLP which reveals factors that affect the rise in the demand for chief financial officers (CFOs). The report shows that CFOs are interested in getting functions such as improving knowledge of boardroom processes, generating cross-sector ideas and...
- Foreign aid. // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p3
Reports that accounting firm Ernst & Young has set up an expatriate administration center in Iselin, New Jersey.
- Which trading software will finish first? Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the establishment of a one-stop testing laboratory for power trading software by Ernst and Young LLP at its Houston Texas based Energy Center of Excellence. How customers will benefit from the use of the laboratory; What are the objectives in the establishment of the testing laboratory.