'A buyer's market for employers.'
- READY TO RELOCATE. // CA Magazine;Mar2009, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the willingness of executives to relocate to take up employment opportunities. A survey says that 84% of business leaders say they will consider relocating with 55% indicating willingness to move internationally for their next position. According to the article, this...
- BLOWFISH. // J@pan Inc.;Dec2001, Issue 26, p56
Presents results of social surveys in Japan in 2001. Average summer bonus packet taken home by the country's wage earners; Quality of water in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya; Increase in the number of people incarcerated; Job vacancies.
- Good Thing Bobby Valentine's Not a Techie. Adams, John // Bank Technology News;Nov2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p16
The article focuses on the research on information technology (IT) employment availability in Japan, as conducted by Celent. The study reveals that the Japanese securities industry does not place a great emphasis on IT employee training. It also discovers that among the IT subsidiaries surveyed,...
- Round the Reserve. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2011, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the Air Force Reserve Command in the U.S. The 912th Air Refueling Squadron will incorporate with the 336th Air Reserve Squadron (ARS) at the March Air Reserve Base (ARB) in California. The Armed Forces' Employer Partnership has launched its new advanced...
- Report: Online job vacancies fall sharply. // Toledo Business Journal;Jun2008, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p32
The article highlights the decrease of online advertised vacancies as reported by the Conference Board Help-Wanted On-Line Data Series (HWOL) in Ohio. The author stated that the survey shows that the online advertised vacancies have dropped by 715,100 from April 2007 to April 2008. He added that...
- Will work for free. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/25/95, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p47
Relates that Alberta's Social Services Department spokesman Bob Scott said in September 1995 that Calgary community groups which need workers for projects should call the government. The department hoping to find 100 placements for its Jobs Corp. program; Purpose of the program.
- Job fairs. // Camping Magazine;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p62
Lists job fairs in the United States for camping professionals from January to April 1995. Date and site of job fair; Contact information.
- Techies exit city jobs. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on New York city officials' effort to help fill the city's technology-related job vacancies.
- US job machine in high gear, but wages move slowly. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;1/27/97, Vol. 89 Issue 42, p1
Reports that employment opportunities in the United States are high. Expected effects of such high employment; Comments from Federal Reserve Board chairman, Alan Greenspan; Ease with which a job was found by Boston resident, John Golden; Comments from labor economist, Audrey Freedman. INSET:...