Employers tighten up graduate criteria
- Should firms revise their graduate hiring criteria? // Human Resources (09648380);Oct2009, p8
The article presents several accounts from executives concerning the need for firms to revise their graduate hiring criteria. Simon Howard argues that the bar should be set higher if it aims to target the top 10%. Carl Gilleard cautions against a knee-jerk reaction of raising a minimum degree...
- Reversing trend in grad recruiting. // Recruiter;1/21/2009, p6
The article reports on the reversed trend of graduate recruitment in Great Britain. A survey of 100 companies by market research firm High Flyers showed that graduate vacancies had fallen by a fifth since 2008 for students graduating in the summer of 2009. Chief executive officer (CEO) of the...
- TRENDS: The skills of a corporate entrepreneur. // Design Week (Online Edition);6/30/2011, p21
The article presents information on Sonja Stockton, director of recruitment at the company PwC, according to whom future employees need to adopt a new set of skills and approaches in the workplace inorder to improve the economic condition of Great Britain. It inform that the economy is in...
- Trainees are getting older. Lodge, Alan // Accountancy;Sep2008, Vol. 142 Issue 1381, p8
The article discusses a survey measuring the ages of accounting trainees in Great Britain. Details about the trainees of accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) are provided. Comments from head of student recruitment at PwC Sonja Stockton regarding the ages of the company's trainees are...
- Graduate starting salaries to hit new highs. Gilleard, Carl // Personnel Today;Mar2005 Supplement, p40
The article presents the trend and forecast related to recruitment in Great Britain in 2005. Employers need to work hard to raise their profile on campus if they are to attract the best candidates, according to the chief executive of the Association of Graduate Recruiters, Carl Gilleard. The...
- No substitute for youth. Matthews, Virginia // Personnel Today;6/24/2008, p7
The article presents information on the life and career of Carl Gilleard, the Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR's) chief executive officer. Gilleard took over as chief executive of AGR in 1998, and has raised its profile in Great Britain and internationally. He entered the world of...
- Carl Gilleard. Duff, Amy // Director;Feb2006, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p25
Presents an interview with Carl Gilleard, chief executive of the Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR), about the organization. Background of AGR; Career background of Gilleard; Goals of AGR; Advice for small companies hoping to attract competitive graduates.
- Survey predicts strong local hiring during first quarter. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/19/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the employment hiring pattern depicted in the Employment Outlook Survey in Salt Lake City, Utah. Percentage of employers planning to increase their staff; Prediction for cutbacks; Employment opportunities envisioned in different industries.
- New year, new job? Hailstone, Laura // Commercial Motor;12/6/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5513, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the salary survey report, the continued effort of high-quality employers in looking for new staff and the launching of the commercialmotorsjobs.com on January 14, 2013.