Document to manage complications and avoid litigation
- Kronik Uzamış Artriti Olan Andifferansiye Artritli Bir Olguda Radyosinovektomi. Nacır, Barış; Koca, Gökhan; Genç, Hakan; Çetinkaya, Esin; Erdem, Hatice Rana // Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation / Turkiye ;Sep2013, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p271
No abstract available.
- Distal amputations for the diabetic foot. Nather, Aziz; Keng Lin Wong // Diabetic Foot & Ankle;
Minor amputations in diabetic patients with foot complications have been well studied in the literature but controversy still remains as to what constitutes successful or non-successful limb salvage. In addition, there is a lack of consensus on the definition of a minor or distal amputation and...
- Pathways for venous thromboembolic prophylaxis in medical and surgical patients. Darvall, K.; Bradbury, A. // Phlebology;Apr2012, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p33
Despite the fact that venous thromboembolism (VTE) is one of the most widely studied areas in medicine, and despite the availability of data from numerous RCTs, there are many areas where the evidence is insufficient to allow grade A recommendations to be made. In these areas published...
- Revised cardiac risk index and postoperative morbidity after elective orthopaedic surgery: a prospective cohort study. Ackland, G. L.; Harris, S.; Ziabari, Y.; Grocott, M.; Mythen, M. // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Dec2010, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p744
Background The revised cardiac risk index (RCRI) is associated strongly with increased cardiac ischaemic risk and perioperative death. Associations with non-cardiac morbidity in non-cardiac surgery have not been explored. In the elective orthopaedic surgical population, morbidity is common but...
- Commentary on J. Kennedy Elliott's paper entitled: The cause of disability following limb injuries. McNair, Peter // New Zealand Journal of Physiotherapy;Mar2013, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p20
No abstract available.
- Sacroplasty: beyond the beginning. A Hirsch, Joshua A.; D Barr, John D.; H Zoarski, Gregg H. // Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery;Sep2013, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p395
The author discusses the effectivity of sacroplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic insufficiency fractures and neoplastic lesions. The author states that the improvement of sacroplasty has been slow compared to the trajectory of vertebroplasty. He mentions that the necessity to utilize a...
- Percutaneous cement augmentation techniques for osteoporotic spinal fractures. Benneker, L.; Hoppe, S. // European Journal of Trauma & Emergency Surgery;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p445
Minimally invasive vertebral augmentation-based techniques have been used for the treatment of spinal fractures (osteoporotic and malignant) for approximately 25 years. In this review, we try to give an overview of the current spectrum of percutaneous augmentation techniques, safety aspects and...
- Promising preliminary results seen with last generation wrist arthroplasty implant. // Orthopedics Today;Oct2012, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p18
The article presents a study in which good, preliminary results were achieved in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who underwent total wrist arthroplasty implant using the Re-motion total wrist system.
- Surgeons offer pearls for the care of shoulder OA in young patients. Levine, William N. // Orthopedics Today;Mar2013, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p36
The article offers insights from surgeons on the management of shoulder osteoarthritis in young patients.