Document to manage complications and avoid litigation
- Kronik UzamÄ±ÅŸ Artriti Olan Andifferansiye Artritli Bir Olguda Radyosinovektomi. Nacır, Barış; Koca, Gökhan; Genç, Hakan; Çetinkaya, Esin; Erdem, Hatice Rana // Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation / Turkiye ;Sep2013, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p271
No abstract available.
- Hydatid disease of spine: Multiple meticulous surgeries and a long term followup. Jain, Akshay; Prasad, Gautam; Rustagi, Tarush; Bhojraj, Shekhar Y. // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;Sep-Oct2014, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p529
We present a long term followup (13 years) of spinal hydatid disease with multiple recurrences and intradural dissemination of the disease at the last followup. Intradural extension of the disease in our case was supposedly through the dural rent which has not been reported in English...
- Classification of relapse pattern in clubfoot treated with Ponseti technique. Mahapatra, Sudhir Kumar; Hampannavar, Aravind; Bhaskar, Atul; Patni, Piyush // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;Sep-Oct2014, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p537
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Classification of relapse pattern in clubfoot treated with Ponseti technique" by A. Bhaskar and P. Patni in the previous issue.
- Distal amputations for the diabetic foot. Nather, Aziz; Keng Lin Wong // Diabetic Foot & Ankle;2013, Vol. 4, p1
Minor amputations in diabetic patients with foot complications have been well studied in the literature but controversy still remains as to what constitutes successful or non-successful limb salvage. In addition, there is a lack of consensus on the definition of a minor or distal amputation and...
- Sacroplasty: beyond the beginning. A Hirsch, Joshua A.; D Barr, John D.; H Zoarski, Gregg H. // Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery;Sep2013, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p395
The author discusses the effectivity of sacroplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic insufficiency fractures and neoplastic lesions. The author states that the improvement of sacroplasty has been slow compared to the trajectory of vertebroplasty. He mentions that the necessity to utilize a...
- Catastrophic thinking is a new puzzle piece in understanding anterior knee pain. Sanchis-Alfonso, Vicente // Orthopedics Today;Jan2014, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the importance of catastrophic thinking when treating patients with anterior knee pain (AKP).
- Revised cardiac risk index and postoperative morbidity after elective orthopaedic surgery: a prospective cohort study. Ackland, G. L.; Harris, S.; Ziabari, Y.; Grocott, M.; Mythen, M. // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Dec2010, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p744
Background The revised cardiac risk index (RCRI) is associated strongly with increased cardiac ischaemic risk and perioperative death. Associations with non-cardiac morbidity in non-cardiac surgery have not been explored. In the elective orthopaedic surgical population, morbidity is common but...
- Pathways for venous thromboembolic prophylaxis in medical and surgical patients. Darvall, K.; Bradbury, A. // Phlebology;2012 Supplement 2, Vol. 27, p33
Despite the fact that venous thromboembolism (VTE) is one of the most widely studied areas in medicine, and despite the availability of data from numerous RCTs, there are many areas where the evidence is insufficient to allow grade A recommendations to be made. In these areas published...
- L-shaped release leads to better internal rotation in primary frozen shoulder. Morsy, Mohamed Gamal // Orthopedics Today;Sept2014, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p6
No abstract available.