WEST VIRGINIA: Hancock School Bond Bid
- $161 million in school construction funding approved in Maryland. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;5/24/2012, p2
The article reports on the approval of more than 161 million U.S. dollars by Maryland officials in school construction funding that will allow districts in Baltimore, Maryland to undertake renovation projects.
- School Bills. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p51
Reports on the action taken by Joint Legislative Budget Committee to increase spending for school construction and maintenance against the lawsuit filed by several school districts in the U.S. Amount of funds required in extra spending; Background of the case.
- Momentum Building for Construction Funding. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;04/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p23
Deals with the Better Classrooms Act, the proposed bill for funding of school building construction in the United States. Conditions of public school buildings in the US according to the video produced by the Organizations Concerned About Rural Education; Number of Republican lawmakers who...
- Illinois authority proposes changes for education bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30440, p3
Reports on the proposal by the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority for private nonprofit colleges to use tax-exempt bonds to finance construction projects outside the state. Plan to extend the authority's powers to include financing schools' working capital costs; Other related proposals;...
- Project financing without the taxpayer burden. Cohen, Natalie // American City & County;Jun2000, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p20
Offers a look at the school development and construction projects in Washington, D.C. as of June 2000. Fund resources for the projects; Demolition of the James Oyster Elementary School; Efforts to find ways to pay for the projects and services; Application of the concept of public-private...
- Poor Parish Seeks QSCBs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p9
The article reports that Saint Landy Parish School District trustees are seeking authorization for 10 million dollars of federal qualified school construction bonds (QSCBs) from the Louisiana Department of Education.
- New Jersey Seeks $3.2 Billion But Changes Are Planned. Rubin, Debra K. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/25/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 12, p17
The article reports a New Jersey task force looking to propel the state's stalled school building program is recommending $3.2 billion in new funding, but also new steps to expedite work and beef up project management oversight. The task force also recommended process changes to prioritize...
- Fifty Years Ago-The Grand Saline Sun, Thursday, November 11, 1965. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);11/12/2015, Vol. 120 Issue 45, p3
The article presents a 50-year retrospective on reports at the newspaper Grand Saline Sun including the voting approval on bonds for a school construction, the filming of the television show "Talent 66" with Carolyn Carter, and the new management of retailer Enco Service Station.
- Arizona Lawmakers Consider Plans to Eliminate $1.9B Budget Shortfall. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32906, p3
The article reports on the plan of Arizona lawmakers to erase $1.9 billion of budget shortfall through $600 million of borrowing for public schools and lessen about $400 million in spending. The state would use reserves from the rainy-day fund and postpone payment to public schools until the...