GEORGIA: GDOT Courting Voters
- ROADS TO RICHES. Walburn, Lee // Atlanta;Sep2002, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the implementation of Rural Roads Program for economic development by the Georgia Department of Transportation. Importance of the program to the administration of Governor Marvin Griffin; Concept of developmental highways for the implementation of the program; Political aspects of...
- GEORGIA: GDOT Wants Comments. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/11/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33943, p7
The article informs that the Georgia Department of Transportation is seeking public comments on three vendors that are competing to build the estimated one billion U.S. dollars, 30-mile, and managed-lane project to relieve traffic congestion in the Atlanta, Georgia.
- Georgia DOT holds forum on the future of transportation. // Public Roads;Winter94, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p41
Reports that the Georgia Department of Transportation held the first of its 11 regional public forums as part of its `Transportation 2000--The Vision Mission' initiative.
- GDOT Streamlines Process. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33380, p9
The article reports on the revision of the process by which the Georgia Deparment of Transportation (GDOT) will seeek a developer for a new multi-modal passenger terminal in Atlanta.
- BONDS FUEL TRANSPORT PROGRAM. Powers, Mary B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/16/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the construction projects under Georgia's Road Improvement Plan. Total cost of the transportation program; Georgia Department of Transportation's recruitment of firms to complete environmental studies; Georgia Assembly's approval of the use of Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicles bonds.
- Georgia Details Finance Plan for $1B Road Project. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;9/24/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p3
The article reports that Georgia Department of Transportation has agreed on construction of Northwest Corridor project in its territory through funding received from state and federal motor fuel sales taxes, federal grant revenues and a low-interest federal loan.
- Georgia's Toll Road Piques Interest of Five Bidders. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/24/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33752, p3
The article informs that five bidders are interested in bidding on one billion U.S. dollars project to be started in 2014 from the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT).
- GEORGIA: GDOT Issues Roadwork RFP. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/14/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33731, p7
The article reports that Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) has released a request for qualifications for firms interested in designing, building, and partially financing a one billion dollars Northwest Corridor project in Cobb, alongwith Interstate 75 in Cherokee county.
- Atlanta polishes its roads for Olympics. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/6/95, Vol. 234 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the number of bids received by Georgia's Department of Transportation for six Interstate rehabilitation projects that will involve more than 400 lane-miles of concrete diamond grinding. Contractors awarded the contracts.