ALABAMA: AG Prepares for BP Fight
- Toxic Verdict. Swanton, Mary // InsideCounsel;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 218, p14
The article reports that a U.S. federal jury slammed the British global energy company BP with damages to workers who claimed they were injured by a toxic released at the refinery of the company in Texas in 2007.
- Texas City Workers: Chemicals Spewed From Broken Pipe 'Like Water From a Fire Hydrant'. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;8/ 1/2010, p14
A blog is presented reporting that BP PLC is now being sued by workers at its Texas City refinery.
- BP Could Face Millions in Penalties For Its Toxic Release in Texas City. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;8/ 8/2010, p8
A blog is presented, which discusses a lawsuit filed by the state of Texas against BP PLC for a huge release of toxic chemicals, including benzene, at the company's Texas City refinery in 2010.
- BILL'S BUSINESS: briefly. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;11/23/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p4
The article offers business news briefs in the U.S. including the Iwo court ruling lost by BP PLC with regards to the oil spill, the plan of CitiGroup Inc. to decrease the number of its workers by 3,000 more of its workers, and the resignation of Graham Spanier from the board of U.S. Steel Corp.
- BP fined for safety violations -- again. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the safety violations of the BP PLC refinery, located at Toledo, Ohio, for the second time in five months. According to sources, the company was cited seven times for deficient safety procedures and equipment for handling propylene at the refinery and fined by the...
- BP plan participants sue firm, State Street over stock losses. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;7/12/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p27
The article presents information on a lawsuit filed by Charis Moule, a participant in BP PLC's U.S. 401(k) plan, against BP and State Street Bank, seeking class-action status on behalf of participants who lost assets in the BP's stock fund after the collapse of its stock's price following the...
- ALABAMA: Lawyers Capped in BP Suits. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33369, p9
The article reports on an executive order signed by Alabama Governor Bob Riley which caps compensation for lawyers representing the state in relation to the two lawsuits filed by Attorney General Troy King against BP PLC and other companies for negligence in the Gulf oil disaster.
- Full Speed Ahead. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p9
The article reports that Halliburton Co. filed two lawsuits against BP PLC, alleging that the company provided incorrect information about the location of gas and oil producing zones in the Macondo well, and also reports that Halliburton has entered into an agreement for the acquisition of...
- COMMENT: Legal weapon. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);5/12/2011, p125
In this article, the author discusses the law suit faced by Great Britain-based oil giant BP PLC from the equipment and services providers on the ill-fated oil rig.