Pennsylvania Road CEO Urges More Interstate Tolls
- Grand Jury: Kickbacks Flourished at Pennsylvania Turnpike. Worrell, Carolina; Barnes, Jonathan // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/8/2013, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p14
The article discusses a grand-jury report that suggests that executives from the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission such as the executive Joseph Brimmeier have selected engineers and contractors based on political contributions and gifts, violating Pennsylvania ethics laws.
- Pennsylvania Officials Meet With FHWA to Discuss I-80 Tolling Plan. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;8/30/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32703, p36
The article reports on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission's (PTC) plan to implement tolls on Interstate 80 (I-80). PTC chief executive officer (CEO) Joseph G. Brimmeier had a meeting with the Federal Highway Administration about the issue. It is noted that tolling of I-80 will help increase...
- Tollway fight is where the twain do meet. Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p1
Presents information on the debate over the expansion of the tollway by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Role of community activist Joe Ann Bradley and mother Debbie Giles; Reason for opposition towards the tolway; Actions taken by Environmental Law and Policy Center and others; When...
- Pain in the glass award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/12/96, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p1
Criticizes E-ZPass artificers for neglecting to tell New York customers that toll scanners will not work on car models with metal oxide windshields that deflect sunlight.
- City considers peak-hour fee on automobiles. // Inside Tucson Business;6/24/96, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p2
Reports on the proposed increase the fees charged to automobiles plying city streets during peak-hours in Tucson, Arizona. Purpose of the rate increases; Terms of the proposed rate increases.
- Street-use fee has merit. // Inside Tucson Business;6/24/96, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p4
Editorial. Comments on the proposal that would impose a $20 per year fee for automobiles traveling during peak hours in city streets in Tucson, Arizona.
- HA stands by decision not to suspend Dartford charges. // Commercial Motor;8/4/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5444, p9
The article reports on the defense made by the Highway Agency (HA) on not to halt the crossing toll charges in Dartford, England.
- ONLINE: TOP CPBJ WEB STORIES. // Central Penn Business Journal;7/23/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p2
The article presents an online recap at www.centralpennbusiness.com such as the violations at McNeil Consumer Healthcare pharmaceutical plant in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, the effect of toll increase in Pennsylvania to trucking firms in 2011, and the plan of Dan Miller to pay the 288...
- Minister: LRUC will go ahead next year. // Motor Transport;7/9/2012, p6
The article reports on the delay in the introduction of a lorry road user charge (LRUC) by the government in Great Britain.