Michigan Primary Looms as Term Limits Hit Legislature
- Must we send congress packing? Bunke, Harvey C. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p3
Editorial. Expresses that office terms of any United States government official should not be limited. Public opinion on the term limits of government officials; Characteristics of Congressional representatives; Nature of politics; Term of office limitations; Example of areas affected if the...
- A survey, critique, and new defense of term limits. Tabarrok, Alexander // CATO Journal;Fall94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p333
Surveys the arguments for term limits, demonstrates their weaknesses, and proposes another theory about them. Incumbency advantage; Argument that they make politicians more representative and more responsive; Increase in the cost of lobbying through individual politicians; Effects on the power...
- Council votes no on 2-years term extension. Smith, Noel Lyn // Navajo Times;7/22/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 29, pA.4
The article reports on the decision of the Navajo Nation Council in the U.S. not to extend the terms of the current elected officials by two years.
- How to get ride of excellent public officials. Mahtesian, Charles // Governing;Jul98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p25
Discusses term limits in Idaho, and the difficulties faced by some cities in finding suitable public officers. Reference to the state's Citizens of Federal Term Limits organization; Comments from Stacie Rumenap, executive director of the organization; Details on problems faced by various...
- A night at the Capital. Yager, Jordy // Hill;12/7/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 125, p19
The article presents the schedule of events that will take place in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. on December 30, 2010 as a preparation of the occupancy for the incoming members of the 112th Congress of the U.S.
- 'Yes' to full five-year term. Izham, Faizal Nor // Malay Mail;7/16/2012, p8
The article presents views of several Malaysians which include psychology student Ruby Goh, credit specialist Joanna Nayagam, and storekeeper Faizal Azlin on the proposed implementation of a five-year government term before conducting general elections in Malaysia.
- ELECTED OFFICIALS. // Oregon Business Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p49
Presents charts depicting the elected officials in Oregon. Term of office of the officials; Average annual salary of the officials; Career background of the officials.
- Scientific Committee -- expressions of interest. Moreira, Maria // Drugnet Europe;Jan-Mar2013, Issue 81, p4
The article reports that the current mandate of the 15 members of the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) Scientific Committee will be completed in December 2013.
- Rance Higgins Completes Term as Charleston Area Chamber President. // Illinois Banker;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p30
The article announces the completion of the term of office of Rance Higgins as president of the Charleston Chamber of Commerce in Illinois.