Council Set Up to Help Ambac Rehab
- Ambac Close to an Agreement on Monorail. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33420, p1
The article reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. was to close to reaching a settlement agreement with the Las Vegas Monorail Co. In here, the author mentions the significance of the agreement saying that it could wipe away more than 500 million U.S. dollars of exposure to revenue bonds issued by...
- Regulator to Administer Ambac's Toxic Holdings. McGee, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on Wisconsin insurance commissioner's request for Ambac Assurance Corp. to deposit the toxic holdings of its insured portfolio into the commissioner's newly-created account. According to Sean Dilweg, the Wisconsin commissioner, the portfolio is separated from the troubled...
- S&P Drops Ambac Assurance to BBB. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/25/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33138, p1
The article reports that the Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) has downgraded the rating of Ambac Assurance Corp. from A rating to BBB. It notes that the rating agency explains that the downgrade is due to the runoff and the decrease of the company's likelihood to continue as operating entity that...
- Ambac Assurance Begins Payout Plans. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/9/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33330, p1
The article reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. proceeded with its payout plans to financial institutions after the court approved the move in the U.S. in June 2010. The company paid 2.6 billion dollars in cash and two billion dollars in surplus notes to 14 major banks to commute and to tear up...
- Wisconsin Regulator Keeps Cool. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/25/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33223, p1
The article reports on the claims of Wisconsin Insurance Commissioner Sean Dilweg that his office can handle Ambac Financial Group Inc.'s bankruptcy protection. In the company's bankruptcy protection filing, it indicated its intention to trigger termination payouts of 23.1 billion dollars, if...
- Insurer, Bondholder Object to San Bernardino Bankruptcy Plan. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;9/18/2015, p1
Ambac Assurance Corp., in a bankruptcy court filing, says San Bernardino's plan of adjustment is more aspirational than real.
- Las Vegas Monorail Deal Nears. SASKAL, RICH // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p1
The article reports that investors of Las Vegas Monorail approve the release of 111 million dollars to release Ambac Assurance Corp. from its exposure to defaulted bonds in Alameda, California.
- ALABAMA: Debt Restructuring OK'd. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/27/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33836, p5
The article reports that Federal bankruptcy judge Thomas Bennett has approved a negotiated settlement between Jefferson county of Alabama and Ambac Assurance Corp. regarding the debt restructuring of 82.5 million U.S. dollars.
- ALABAMA: JeffCo Debt Restructuring. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/27/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33789, p9
The article reports that commissioners of Jefferson County, Alaska have approved a debt restructuring agreement with Ambac Assurance Corp. to reduce annual payments of revenue warrants.