Wisconsin Schools Renege on Depfa Notes
- SEC Probing Florida Board, Letter Reveals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/5/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32871, p1
The article reports on the investigation conducted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to the investment practices of the Florida State Board of Administration (SBA). In a SEC letter dated February 25, 2008, it asked the SBA to turn over a range of documents related to...
- SEC Launches Home Care Therapy Investigation. // Eli's Home Care Week;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p194
The article reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission has conducted home care therapy investigations in the U.S.
- SEC Launches Probe of Miami-Dade Health Care Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to open an investigation on the 83.3 million dollars bond deal sold by Miami-Dade County, Florida in 2009 on behalf of the county's Public Health Trust (PHT).
- SEC to Start Muni Hearings Sept. 21: San Francisco Meeting to Be First of Five. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33379, p1
The article reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will start its hearing on municipal market in San Francisco, California on September 21, 2010. The hearing will examine Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), Build America Bonds (BAB), investor protection and...
- SEC considers increasing disclosure on asset-backeds. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;10/10/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 195, p20
Reports on the review of requirements for asset-backed securities by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Knowledge of credit risks; Movement toward increased government regulation; Assessment of new offerings.
- Ruling should spur asset-backed market. Talley, Karen // American Banker;2/18/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 32, p14
Reports on the legal victory achieved by investors in asset-backed securities after the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) ruled that brokers and dealers can dispense information, opinions and even recommendations. Investors' demand for timely reporting, comparative data and analytical...
- SEC allows reasonable reliance for ABS/MBS in Sarbanes-Oxley. // Asset Securitization Report;3/3/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p11
Reports on revisions to the Sarbanes OxleyAct. Provision allowing for indemnification to whichever entity acts as the single-party certifier on documents filed with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). SEC clarification on back-up certifications; Requirements for complying with...
- Qualified Support for SEC Alternative on ABS Loan Disclosure. // Strategic Finance;Jun2014, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses privacy concerns raised by a proposed Website from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that would provide information about asset-backed securities.
- SEC Adopts Asset-Backed Securities Reform Rules. // Pratt's Mortgage Compliance Letter;Oct2014, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on asset-backed securities (ABS) reform rules adopted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in a bid to enhance transparency, better protect investors, and facilitate capital formation in the securitization market.