Moving Toward Waste-to-Energy
- Minority mission. Clancy, David // Waste News;07/27/98, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p11
Reports that the goal of fifteen percent usage of minority-and women-owned firms is not being met by the Palm Beach County Solid Waste Authority in Florida. Questions how the authority notifies potential contractors; Comments from Charles Maccarrone, director of financial management services at...
- Odor at Fla. plant causes shutdown. Wilkinson, Mitch // Waste News;02/03/97, Vol. 2 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the inability of solid-waste officials to ascertain the irritant that forced them to evacuate the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County in Florida. Comments from Marc Bruner, director at the authority; Closure of the recycling center.
- Fla. county to open transfer section. // Waste News;12/02/96, Vol. 2 Issue 29, p6
States that the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, Florida is planning to open a transfer station in Belle Glade on November 25, 1997. Construction cost of this station; Area the station will service; What the transfer station will be used for.
- County brings processing in house, cut costs. // American City & County;May2002, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the installation of an integrated system of equipment at Woody Waste Recycling Facility in Palm Beach County, Florida that eliminates much of the manual handling previously required for waste processing. Benefits of the system; Tons of yard trimmings and clean lumber accepted by the...
- Florida county selects consultant. // Waste News;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p43
Reports on the selection of Camp Dresser & McKee by Solid Waste Authority of Palm County, Florida to provide consulting services. Terms of six-year contract.
- SCALE AUTOMATION SYSTEMS. // MSW Management;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p69
This article discusses about the contract awarded by Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County, Florida, to Scale Automation Systems for the supply of fully unattended driver terminals with ticket printers for all transfer stations and the county landfill. This driver terminal operations via...
- Palm Beach County, Florida Waste Collection Dispute Headed to Court. // Solid Waste Report;3/1/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that Waste Pro USA Inc. filed a lawsuit against the Solid Waste Authority in Palm Beach County, Florida after it was disqualified in a waste collection bidding process in 2013.
- Switch. Rowand, Roger // Waste News;04/13/98, Vol. 3 Issue 48, p11
States that the administration of waste collection was given to staff from the Palm Beach County (Fla.) Solid Waste Authority, by the Wellington Village Council. When the switch was made; Selection of Browning-Ferris Industries (BFI) Incorporated as Wellington's trash hauler; What the move will...
- 3,000-Ton-Per-Day WTE Facility Planned for Florida County. // Solid Waste Report;7/19/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the contract awarded by the Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County in Florida for the construction of a mass waste-to-energy (WTE) facility.