Washington Adds to Refunding, Pushing Size to $839M
- Cook County, Ill., Readies $215M Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p28
Reports on the preparation of Cook County, Illinois to refund its outstanding general obligation debts. Possibility of decline in municipal market prices following the possible war of U.S. with Iraq; Members of the underwriting team which is involved in refunding the debts; Ratings of the...
- N.Y.C. Sets $1.13B Advance Refunding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p3
Reports on the advance refunding of the general obligation debt in New York City. Increase in bond yields; Estimation of value savings from the refunding; Rate of tax-exempt bonds.
- Ohio Readies $417M GO Refunding to Delay Debt Service. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/18/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33550, p32
The article reports on the 417 million dollars refunding of bonds to balance the two-year budget and delay the near-term debt service payments in Ohio.
- Massachusetts water, transportation agencies mull swaps. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p4
Reports on the call for proposals from swap providers for a refunding of $100 million of outstanding debt each by two Massachusetts agencies. Bond offerings planned by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Federal tax law covering the deal.
- Orange County, Calif., Returning to Market With $84M Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p36
Reports the decision of the county government to issue a lease of revenue refunding bonds through the Public Finance Authority in Orange County, California. Contribution of the proceeds in refunding the debt sold by the Public Financing Corp.; Firms underwriting the bonds; Changes undergone by...
- Triple-A Georgia Selling Nearly $600M, Its First Deal of 2007. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32599, p36
The article reports that the State of Georgia will offer a deal of $600 million of debt in the U.S. The said trade has been known to be the state's first deal in 2007 which has given a triple-A rating. The said deal is consist of three series including refunding of bonds which is worth $219...
- New Orleans to Sell $137M in Sewer Notes Amid Restructuring. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p40
Reports that the city of New Orleans in Louisiana is preparing to roll over sewerage service bond anticipation notes by selling refunding notes in an effort to restructure the city's sewer debt in the face of growing capital expenses. Worth of the service bond anticipation notes that will be...
- N.Y.C. Pushing for Legislation That Would Bring $66M in Savings in Fiscal 2005. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p28
Reports that legislative measures that New York City is asking the state and federal government to enact would product debt service savings in fiscal 2005. Variable interest-rate swaps on fixed-rate debt; Advance refunding on the city's debt; Appeal to eradicate the debt cap on the New York...
- San Antonio Selling $91 Million in a Diverse Mix of Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p30
Reports that San Antonio, Texas, will begin taking order for a combination of taxable and tax-exempt debt. New project financing; Flexibility in using existing parking facilities; Refunding.