Chicago Readies Three Big Deals Before BABs Expire
- Munis Quiet, Slightly Weaker With Somber Tone. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/12/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32464, p2
The article focuses on the decrease of the municipal market's yield in the U.S. in September 11, 2006 as the participants commemorate the September 11 terrorist attacks. Recent reports show that the market's trades has losses in its bonds including that from the interdealer trade of California...
- Munis Flat as Delayed N.C. Deal Sells. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/30/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 16, p10
The article reports on the flat performance of the municipal market due to the delayed 383.4 million dollars competitive deal of Wake County, North Carolina. It notes that the county sold its general obligation refunding bonds to Citi with 3.14% interest. It points out that the deal was...
- N.Y. Thruway Seeks to Boost Minority Role in $1B Deal. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p1
The article reports on the new procedure initiated by the New York State Thruway Authority for minority-owned firms. It states that the move would help increase the participation of minority groups in underwriting as the Thruway Authority goes to the market to sell about $1 billion bonds in...
- VIRGINIA: Chesapeake Rises, Then Deals. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p9
The article reports on Chesapeake's plan to put $45 million of bonds in a competitive sale following an AA-plus upgrade provided by Standard & Poors's Corp. in Virginia. It states that the city hopes to issue $30.6 million of Series 2008A general obligation public improvement and refunding bonds...
- Oklahoma's St. Francis Health Care Readies $180 Million Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p3
Reports the marketing on the taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds of the Saint Francis Health Care System in Tulsa County, Oklahoma. Information on the issuance of the bonds; Estimation of tax-exempt Series B bonds allocated for the capital projects at Saint Francis Hospital; Allocation for...
- Chicago Housing Sets BAB Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/26/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33255, p5
The article reports on the plan of the Chicago Housing Authority to sell a 25 million dollars of taxable revenue bonds under Build American Bond (BAB) program.
- Illinois Plans to Price $1B of GO BABs for Capital Program. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p4
The article reports on the plans of Illinois to sell about one billion dollars of general obligation Build America Bonds (BABs) to raise funds for its 31 billion dollars capital program.
- Nassau County, N.Y., Readies $125M Amid Fiscal Uncertainty. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/30/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33424, p4
The article reports on the plan of Nassau County, New York to market its general obligations bonds worth 125 million dollars.
- Mass. Sets Deal From New Triple-A Credit. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;12/6/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33427, p4
The article reports on the plan of the state of Massachusetts to sell its bonds from the Commonwealth Transportation Fund.