Lawmakers, Officials Tout Jobs for America Act
- Minimum Wage Board bill dead on arrival. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;5/7/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p22
Highlights the House Bill 1510, which seeks to eliminate the Minimum Wage Board, set uniform vacation and sick leave benefits in Puerto Rico. What one of the main purposes of the bill is; Reference to what a Minimum Wage Board official said; Favoring of the bill by the Economic Development and...
- Worth Watching--Workplace Issues. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6
Updates on the status of workplace-related bills in the South Carolina Legislature, recent as of July 2001.
- Transnational express. Reid, Peter // People Management;07/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p22
Reports that the British government has released a consultation document on how it plans to implement the European works council directive. Background of the directive; Applications of the directive; Options for employers; Suggested actions for companies.
- Troubled passage: the labor movement and the fair Labor Standards Act. Samuel, Howard D. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec2000, Vol. 123 Issue 12, p32
Discusses the passage of the Fair Labor Standards Act in the United States on June 28, 1931. Brief historical and political background of the law prior to its approval; Significant role of organized labor in improving labor standards; Factors which contributed to the difficulties of the law's...
- INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS ORDINANCE, 2011 -- ISSUES & LACUNAS. // Eastern Worker;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p3
A summary is presented of the Industrial Relations Ordinance (IRO), promulgated by the Ministry of Law and Parliamentary Affairs in Pakistan.
- Labor Relations overhaul similar to federal law. Vélez, Eva Lloréns // Caribbean Business;2/9/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p5
A summary is presented of the bill related to the labor relations, prepared by Senate President Thomas Rivera Schatz and Progressive Party Senator Lucy Arce.
- Environmental, labor groups oppose regulatory changes. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;6/14/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that the New Jersey Work Environment Council will oppose a proposed legislation that would prevent state regulators from issuing rules exceeding federal standards without the approval of the Legislature on the ground that the bill is an affront to the economy and standard of...
- Trade Union Bill. // Accountancy;Oct92, Vol. 110 Issue 1190, p102
Focuses on the Trade Union and Labour Relations Bill 1992 in Great Britain. British government's intention to introduce more employment legislation.
- Training time right under review. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on the consultation of the proposed legislation in Great Britain giving workers in businesses the right to request time to take up relevant training.
- BEWARE: new IR law sweeps in. Schaffer, Ray // Manufacturers' Monthly;Feb2010, p17
The article reports on the changes made on the Fair Work Act of 2009, which has started in Australia on January 1, 2010.