N.Y. MTA Set to Release $12.04B Budget for 2011
- Cuomo's Proposed $142.6B Budget Would Benefit N.Y.C. and MTA. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;1/24/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33850, p5
The article reports that Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York State has proposed 142.6 billion U.S. dollars of annual budget for the year 2013-2014 which would be beneficial for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and New York City.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's New York Business;6/16/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p0030
A correction to the article on New York state's budget sweep from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)-dedicated funds that was published in the June 9, 2014 issue is presented.
- New York MTA Weighs Budget as Labor Talks Loom. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;11/17/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33618, p7
The article relates a discussion on the proposed four-year budget and capital plan for 2012 to 2014 by the board of New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
- Ravitch: Raise Gas Tax, Toll East River Bridges to Plug MTA Gap. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;10/10/2014, p13
The article focuses on the statement of Richard Ravitch, chairman of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York in 1979 about how the MTA will address its budget gap of more than 15.2 billion dollars. Topics discussed include the increase of gasoline tax to five cents per...
- State Veto Highlights Doubts About MTA Capital Plan. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;10/6/2014, p1
The $15 billion gap in New York MTA's proposed four-year capital plan, recently vetoed by a state review board, has cast a pall over the transit agency's plans.
- MTA Head Suggests Fare Discounts are Budget Target. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/14/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33782, p1
The article focuses on the decision made by Joseph Lhota, chairman of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) regarding eliminating fare and other MetroCard discounts in subway system (SS). It informs that Lhota has taken this decision because there are enormous fare discounts...
- Plan to Restructure MTA Debt Still on the Agenda. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p6
Reports on efforts of officials of New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to fund a five-year capital plan as of December 2000. Efforts to restructure all outstanding debt; Creation of escrow accounts where money will be placed to pay off debts; Other plans of officials.
- MTA Approves 2002 Budget. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31288, p2
Reports on the approval of the 2002 operating budget by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York City, New York as of December 2001. Details of the budget; Increase in budgetary allocations made in the budget compared to the previous budget; Proposed sale of refunding bonds...
- Monster MTA Deal Gets Put On Fast Track. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the debt refinancing of Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York. Value of debt; Features of the offering; Consolidation of the credit of MTA.